- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 5.1.10 Released - Security release (03 Mar 2019)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.10 [K 5.1.10] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a security release.
If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.
Question Recent Topics menue item behaviour
When I click on the "Recent Topics" menu button I see the newest posts of the topics, the most recent post on top. So far so good. When the recent topics fill more than one page and I click on page 3, for example, I see the topics on page 3 as one would expect.
Now when I click on the "Recent Topics" menu button again I stay on page 3. One would expect that page 1 would be displayed because the most recent topics are located there.
How can I fix this?
If that is enough for you like here (my site for testing): www.gamer-templates.com/forum/recent-topics.html tell me, then I write you a small instruction.
Great, I testet it on your site and that is exactly what I need I would appreciate your instruction.
Gamer Templates wrote: If that is enough for you like here (my site for testing): www.gamer-templates.com/forum/recent-topics.html tell me, then I write you a small instruction.
- Go to Admin -> Menus -> YOUR KUNENA MENU -> and find your Recent Topics ID (NOTICE THIS ID)
- Then open Recent Topics -> click Save as Copy
- Then Joomla create a new Menu Item with the Name Recent Topics (2)
- Click on "Menu Item Type *" and change this to System Links -> URL (DO NOT CLOSE THIS SITE)
- Open your Kunena Forum in Frontend in a new Browser Tab and go to Recent Topics
- Now you click on Site 2 and again on Site 1 and you have your URL in Browser
For example: www.gamer-templates.com/ forum/recent-topics.html?start=0
- Go back to Backend and insert the URL in the Link * Field at Recent Topics (2)
for example: forum/recent-topics.html?start=0
- Set Status on the right site on Published and Save
- Go back to Kunena Forum and refresh your site. Now you see 2 Tabs of Recent Topics and check if Recent Topics (2) works
Now go to your Template custom.css or a css which will not override after update and insert this:
(MY item-ID IS AN EXAMPLE! USE YOUR item-ID FROM STEP 1.):
display: none !important;
- Go to Recent Topics -> open -> Link Typ -> Display in Menu -> NO -> save
- Go back to Kunena Forum and refresh your site. Now you see 1 Tabs of Recent Topics (2)
- Change Menu Title Recent Topics (2) to Recent Topics in Admin and that is all!
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.