Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Emojis crashing web page

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by [email protected]
Hi i have a problem when you click an emoji to insert, it crashes the webpage. I have turned error reporting to the maximum and it is not throwing up any errors.

You can try and post here as a guest to see what happens.

Also the recaptcha is above the post and not below it like on here

Any help would be appreciated

www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/opt...discuss/topic/create

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Emojis crashing web page
1) update your ssl license, or disable it.
2) at the template options, set "Load bootstrap" to yes, and save

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #3 by [email protected]

810 wrote: 1) update your ssl license, or disable it.
2) at the template options, set "Load bootstrap" to yes, and save

Thanks for the reply. we do not have an ssl license activated on the site. I have turned load bootstrap to yes in the Kunena templates settings and I am still not further forward.

i have also reinstalled the entire forum this morning and nothing changes

any other suggestions please?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by [email protected].

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #4 by [email protected]
OK so an update on this. I changed the template to Protostar and it works fine. I turn it back to Helix Ultimate and it does not work fine. I tried to install Helix 3 and test it with that. It does not work fine.

I am using Bluestork template which is just about usable but both the Crypsis templates are absolutely unusable.

So there seems to be a major compatibility problem with Joomshaper.

Is there a fix for this?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by [email protected].

More
5 years 10 months ago #5 by [email protected]
Ok an update from my earlier post (and to help you guys out)

I have installed a fresh version of Joomla on a totally separate hosting environment. installed Helix Ultimate and Kunena.

Same problem.

You can see it here

creativetemplates.online/test

More
5 years 10 months ago #6 by [email protected]
Any chance on helping me out here please?

More
5 years 9 months ago #7 by mario87
Replied by mario87 on topic Emojis crashing web page
same problem with jsn theme template.
With Crypsis it works great!

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #8 by Nikiniko
Replied by Nikiniko on topic Emojis crashing web page
and here same error
bootstraps are on
Crypsis Kunena Team 5.1.1 updated emoticns dont work
Crypsisb3 Kunena Team 5.1.1 2018-06-10 updated emoticns dont work
Kinstance Roundtheme 1.2.0 2017-11-01 NOT updated emoticns WORKS
NTS KSamurai Nice Theme Store 5.2.1 2018-06-17 updated emoticns dont work
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Nikiniko.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #9 by Bigbunny
Replied by Bigbunny on topic Emojis crashing web page
Just observations as an onlooker. Some templates and frameworks just behave badly with some other extensions. That does not mean that there is not a problem with Kunena but it could be other reasons. I had to ditch JSN when I was testing it as it caused issues with other templates and some extensions. Some template producers have templates specifically for Kunena that I assume they have checked works with it. You sometimes come across a clash. I assume that you have discussed this with Helix and not just Kunena. Just not using a template or extension is not always sufficient. Completely disabling or removal in some instances is required so if you have something that you no longer use but is still installed, especially if getting on a bit, it's wortt looking at. You will possibly need to test to see if something else is affecting what you are seeing and that will be a matter of test and trial.

One other thing is that you state that you don't have an SSL certificate. I would advise that you do so quickly and set up your site to only use https://. (You can usually redirect http to only use HTTPS but don't do until you have installed a certificate unless you want nobody to access it.) At present browsers will come up with an issue if you point to https without a certificate and users can then try using http. Shortly browsers will stop responding to non https sites. Personally I don't like using any site that is not secured with an SSL/TLS certificate and uses it. You have people logging into your site and at present that is unencrypted so anybody with the necessary skills, or computers set up to do this, can monitor all the transactions including login details. Have a look at the free LetsEncrypt certificate and see if it will do what you want. I have used these on club and test sites and depending on your host they may already include for it.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Bigbunny. Reason: Added content

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds