Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Forum not working at all for registered users - only working for Super User

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by typvsns
I am having a weird problem with my Kunena forum setup. If I am logged into my site as a Super User it works perfectly fine. I can see all of the topics and can go anywhere within the forum. But, if one of my other users, non super user level log into the site they get the following error when trying to access the forum.

Argument 1 passed to ComponentKunenaControllerApplicationHomeDefaultDisplay::getDefaultMenuItem() must be an instance of Joomla\CMS\Menu\SiteMenu, instance of JMenuSite given, called in /home/inventri/public_html/components/com_kunena/controller/application/home/default/display.php on line 54

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the forum. I have dumped the config tables in the database and resaved them. I made sure that my menu was properly set up by deleting it all and having Kunena set it all up again. I've cleared all caches. All with no results. No matter what I do I get the same error when trying to access the forum with a non super user account.

I have pasted my Report Config below. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Thanks!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 28M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 2.5.3 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: 2018-02-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.0 | 2018-05-13 [ Ariel ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 4.5.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds