Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to Restore a Permanently Deleted topic? / Easy way through Trashbin ?

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
One of my moderators (ex-moderator because I removed him) Permanently Deleted 2 very important forum topics.

This is how I found him .

Now how can I put them back in the Forum? Is there a Recycle bin or something in the backend, where we can restore permanently deleted topics? I believe it should be. Because right now I need to:
1)Take the 2 deleted topics from the MySQL database file from the Full Daily backup. I need to open a 79GB tar.gz file through SSH or wait until it is fully downloaded in my hard drive! Any way to do the first option so that we don't lose time? I have 600 people who have voted already and a couple more waiting to vote until 31/12.
2)Then I need to take which mysql tables from the main mysql file? I need to restore them somewhere. In the same server?. Also which mysql tables do I need? I surely need the topic IDs (which I know). Do I need anything else?
3)And finally how am I able to restore those two topics using a MySQL command?

Can you please give me details on that? The contest was up and running, and people were only voting on those two topics.

Update: Also I request that topics should stay in Trashbin even after they are permanently deleted. They should appear at the Backend. One of our moderators completely deleted a topic and we had to restore the whole yesterday's backup including polls to bring it back!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2 by rich

Can you please give me details on that? The contest was up and running, and people were only voting on those two topics.

That will not be easy. Your topics includes polls. You need at least the infos from this tables.
*_kunena_messages
*_kunena_messages_text
*_kunena_polls
*_kunena_polls_options
*_kunena_polls_users
*_kunena_topics
I give no guarantee for this information! Maybe there are also still other dependencies and if you only make a small mistake, you can destroy your entire page. I don't know which backup software you use, but the best way if you use this possibility.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kotsolis

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3 by Kotsolis
Update: Also I request that topics should stay in Trashbin even after they are permanently deleted. They should appear at the Backend, maybe at a different filder. One of our moderators completely deleted a topic and we had to restore the whole yesterday's backup including polls to bring it back!

Any possibility that you feature this in one of your next patches? We had to bring back the whole yesterday's database with a script to revive the topic.

2nd thing: Disallow moderators from permanently deleting topics .

And after all these changes during 2017 you are perfect to go! :)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Kotsolis.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds