Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena Moderator logs: How can I see which moderator deleted which topic?

More
6 years 4 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
One of my moderators deleted 2 very important topics and I restored them.

How can I find, through logs, who deleted them?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Set in the configuration (tab) Users "Define if you want to log action or moderation = Yes".
Then you can see the actions from Moderators in the future, if you click on Logs (Backend -> Kunena -> Logs).

You can see it also in the general log file (root/logs), but is a bit complicated. You must know the date. Open the zip and search in this text file by keyword "delete". So you should find the user IP and the deleted topic name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kotsolis

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by Kotsolis
Can you please put it "Yes" as default option in the next patch? It won't grab too much space, will it?

I have also downloaded the logs. The big log file is 3,5GBs!

I opened this topic in 19/12/17 , 13:25
My log file has info until 19/12/17 , 12:00. I see no deletion in the big log file (I opened it with 010 editor as it is huge).
The moderator that deleted the topic should have deleted it between 11:30-13:20, most likely after 13:00. I guess my server logs will be updated in some hours for 19/12 after 12:00, right?

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by Kotsolis
Someone probably hacked us and deleted the topics from the MySQL database with MySQL injection or something!

How is this possible? What can I do now? These topics include all of our contest information!

Edit : I found the little rat that did it! It's the one on top, isn't it ?

Please tell me how to restore the topic! I have the MySQL backup with me. That exactly is the procedure. I need to first upload the mysql file somewhere and then take the topic and then restore it to database?

Please give a detailed explanation here on how to do this from the mysql backup !

Thank you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
6 years 3 months ago #5 by Kotsolis
Is it possible to put this option as default for everyone in the next upgrade?
Define if you want to log action or moderation = Yes

More
6 years 3 months ago #6 by rich
I'm sorry, we don't set it to yes as default, most users don't need the feature.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds