Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Menus - I must be missing something

More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by lappleget
Hi,
So there are two issues,
1. the bread crumbs (both joomla and the kunena) add an extra link which goes to the same place (note #1 and #2)
So Message Boards is just the forum link and the top section (i only have 1) is the mpva-boards with the first board being Message Board
Message Boards is a menu alias to the kunena menu and message Board is a kuena category

2 the second part is why does the forum menu go away on any page but the menu alias's how do I get it to show for the boards and topic pages? - I actually had this working at one point then I started to try and fix the bread crumbs (I deleted all board menu items and rebuilt) and now it does not work

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by lappleget
So both have something to do with adding it to the joomla menu
if I go to another board the breadcrumbs and the kunena tabs work okay (I wold like to change the kunena tabs though)

More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by lappleget
#3 - I have figured that part out. need to publish those category views in the kunena menu and unpublish the ones I don't want.

But with only the top message board as a menu alias in the joomla menu I still have the issues with #'s one and two.
All extra menu items that pointed to the message board have been deleted and the trash emptied.

More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by rich

More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by lappleget
I did that (deleted menus and menu items, emptied the menu trash and rebuilt the k-menu and used the link created for my menu) , it was how I figured out how to get the k-menu in the tabs
But the bread crumb part still does that double entry when I click on topic. Do I need to rebuilt the database or something too?

More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by rich

Do I need to rebuilt the database or something too?

No, I think this issue comes from your Joomla template. Test it with the joomla default template Protostar, whether this problem also exists.

More
6 years 8 months ago #7 by lappleget
It does it in protostar also.

So to get the tabs I wanted I added to the kuena menu a number of show categories - that is how I have the tabs now
Prior to adding these tabs I did a check and the breadcrumb menu worked fine.

So am I doing it wrong. I added these under the forum (home) with the index of the menu that was created by kunena.
so it seems to be taking the path of how those go
home > board

then when you look at a topic it goes to

home > board > section title > board > topic

I hope that helps

I have a test site set up and can get you a login to it so you can see if you want.

More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by rich

I have a test site set up and can get you a login to it so you can see if you want.

Ok, please give me access. you can use the confitential tags (close symbol), then only you and we moderators can see it. Or send a mail to rich@*kunena.org (address without star).

More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by lappleget
I just emailed you the information with links to the test site.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #10 by rich
I had problems with the frontend login. You had created my user account with Joomla access, therefore I was not in the CB user list.
Your startpage was the Index? I'm not sure anymore, but you can change it, when it's not right. Change the start page in the Kunena Menu -> menu item Forum (Boards). docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu

Your problem is, that you use the same category names as the menu items.
Example:
You are here: Home -> Boards -> Discussion-> Boards -> Discussion -> Name of topic

Green are the names of menu items
Red are the names of your categories

In principle are the breadcrumbs correct, but it's not optimal if you use the same names for menu items and categories. And also the alias names are the same. That can cause some conflicts, which then eventually occur.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds