Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Modal forms are not accessible in Editor

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #1 by eSilverStrike
I am using Kunena 5.0.6.1 the Crypsisb3 template and the latest version of Joomla. My template for Joomla is loading bootstrap 3.3.7

When creating a new topic or replying, if you click on the emoticons icon or link icon on the toolbar the modal form comes up but is disabled and darken like the rest of the page. Nothing is clickable on the page

You can see an example of this by adding a test forum post here .

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by eSilverStrike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by eSilverStrike
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #3 by rich
You have enabled Optimize CSS and Optimize JS in your joomla template? I'm not sure if I can see the correct codes.
Please disable both optimizer and test, whether this code works. Add this code in your custom.less. docs.kunena.org/en/manual/backend/templates/edit-less Then empty the cache.

Code:
.modal { z-index: 3333 !important; }
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by rich.

More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by eSilverStrike
Okay I added the code to custom.less and it still happens.
I have disabled the optimizer so you can look into it further.
Thanks

More
7 years 1 month ago #5 by rich
It seems something is not right with your Joomla template (I give up). The modal can't highlighted. You can only push back the elements.
Try this code in your Joomla template custom.css, but it's only a workaround until you have a better solution. Then check in your webpage whether in other sites is all correctly displayed.

Code:
.modal-backdrop { z-index: 19; } .modal { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.50); } .sidebar-primary { z-index: 19; }

More
7 years 1 month ago #6 by eSilverStrike
Thanks your temp fix does work but I have since removed it so the JReviews team can take a look to see what is wrong. If they figure it out I will post the fix here.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7 by eSilverStrike
I mentioned this issue over at my template provider and they are saying it is because of them upgrading the template from using Bootstrap 3.3.2 to 3.3.7. Something has changed with modals. (see forum.jreviews.com/topic/29212-bug-irevi...g-issues-with-modal/ )

Have you tested the kunena theme with Bootstrap 3.3.7?

I also tested what I could of some of the possible solutions from here with no result. Does any stand out for you that may be the solution:
stackoverflow.com/questions/10636667/boo...ing-under-background

More
7 years 1 month ago #8 by rich
In principle are the offered solutions similar as my workaround. Try this:

Code:
.modal-backdrop { position: relative; } .modal { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5); } .sidebar-primary { z-index: 19; }

More
7 years 1 month ago #9 by eSilverStrike
Yeah it works for the most part. Menu items are still accessible in the menu bar and an extra scroll bar gets added on the left.
I have left this fix in for now until a better solution becomes available.
Have you tested the Crypsisb3 template with bootstrap 3.3.7? Does the same issue I am having happen or is something else going on?

More
7 years 1 month ago #10 by rich

Have you tested the Crypsisb3 template with bootstrap 3.3.7?

I've not tested yet. But the problem exists not only with Kunena, also with others extensions users have problems (see your posted link).

I have left this fix in for now until a better solution becomes available.

Why don't you use the suggestion from the iReview-Template-Forum? forum.jreviews.com/topic/29212-bug-irevi...g-issues-with-modal/

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds