Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics moved into this category relate to superseded test versions of K 2.0. Topics in this category are locked.

Important K 2.0.0 RC1 Installation Errors

More
11 years 10 months ago #11 by Matias
Make a new copy from your live site and try to install Kunena 1.7.2. I bet that it doesn't work either -- or you will able to install Kunena 2.0, too. This is because of nothing has changed in that part of the installer. The code is identical to what was in Kunena 1.7.

Joomla 2.5.4 does have a bug that prevents you from installing new version of extension (if you have bad luck on triggering the bug). The only cure I know is to uninstall the component from extension manager (uninstalling Kunena still keeps all your data) and see if it is still listed in the backend. If it is, you need to manually create /administrator/components/com_kunena folder and put kunena.j25.xml (manifest file) into it. Then repeat uninstall until there are no entries remaining.

When the database is clean, you can try installation again. You should end up having exact copy of the forum, but you do need to configure all the Kunena integration plug-ins and menu again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #12 by daveyboye
Yeah, I did make a backup first. However, thankfully a upgrade never was successful..so it's still retaining all 1.7.2 properties with no need to restore a backup. Thanks for looking into this. I always try to help by running beta and RC versions to find bugs before fully implementing on my live sites. Let me know if this bug gets addressed in the repository so I can check it out.

More
11 years 10 months ago #13 by daveyboye
Yeah, I've been having difficulty uninstalling components/modules/plugins from joomla 2.5x. Let me just say the uninstaller on joomla 2.5x is not impressive at all :( I will try the above, but not probably until this weekend as I have a very busy work week this week. Hopefully we can find the problem. Should I do a copy of the kunena database tables and then just do a new install of joomla 2.5.4 and go through the above steps and sql the kunena tables in after a kunena 1.7.2 fresh install?

More
11 years 10 months ago #14 by Matias
I'd first try if my advice fixes the issue. Because of there's really no change between K1.7 and K2.0 installer at that point.

More
11 years 10 months ago #15 by daveyboye
Alright, I was able to uninstall 1.7.2 and do a install of 2.0rc1. The Install went ahead and did not stop with errors. However, this is when i lay down the bad news. I now get this error when trying to access the component:

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/libraries/template/template.php on line 89

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

For support click here: Kunena Support

or you can see this image:

i.imgur.com/8k7hN.png

More
11 years 10 months ago #16 by daveyboye
I searched and found this post: www.kunena.org/forum/K20-Test-Reports/12...n-error-has-occurred

However, I went and deleted all kunena menu alias and then re-installed..still same problem. I notice the bug may have been addressed in the repository. Will there be a fix shortly?

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds