Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics moved into this category relate to superseded test versions of K 2.0. Topics in this category are locked.

Important K 2.0.0 RC1 Installation Errors

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by daveyboye
I get the following installation errors when trying to install RC1 on a Joomla 2.5.4 site.

Failed deleting com_kunena-admin.zip
Failed deleting CHANGELOG.php
Copy failed
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /xxx/tmp/install_4fcb6c3695e66/kunena.php to /xxx/components/com_kunena/kunena.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

It's seems that you have a right problem, so check the right on directories :

/administrator/components
/components
/media
/plugins
/plugins/system

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by daveyboye
All these directories have 777 permissions. Please use pdf as reference:

skulshockcommunity.com/downloads/SS_permissions.pdf
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by daveyboye.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
We do not recommend that you set 777 for anything (files or folders) in Joomla. The recommended values (for all folders and files) in Joomla are described in the Wiki article Securing Kunena .

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by daveyboye
This is still not a fix for above problem !!!

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Who owns the /tmp directory? Do you own it? Does Apache:Apache own it? Or does someone else?

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by daveyboye
I own the entire directory and all sub-directories from root on down including /tmp

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
The point really boils down to this: were you able to install Kunena or not?

If you were able to install Kunena, can you post your configuration report, please?

If not, I suggest you start again (uninstall Kunena and (to ensure complete cleanness) drop all xxx_kunena_* tables (if you don't have anything worth keeping, that is) and then try to install it again. It may just be one of those J! 2.5 things that sometimes gets in the way when there's a half-complete extension installation that didn't complete successfully.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by daveyboye
I was not able to upgrade/install kunena 2.0.0 RC1. I currently have kunena 1.7.2 with tons of filled tables that I can not sacrifice. I had a joomla 1.5 site that I migrated to 2.5.4 along with kunena. All tables are populated and working correctly. Just not able to update/install kunena 2.0.0 RC1

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
As you would know - the information is documented in the K 2.0.0 RC1 release notes - there is no "downgrade" to K 1.7.2 in cases where the upgrade was unsuccessful. I assume that you read the release notes and that you made a site backup before you upgraded.

As you also will see - again the information is contained in the release notes - while K 2.0.0 RC1 is expected to be robust enough for live sites, there are no guarantees with this (or any software) and the RC1 version is being released primarily for evaluation purposes. I'm sorry that your experience has not been a happy one but the only suggestion that I can make in your case is to revert to the backup of your site that you made before you upgraded.

In the meantime, I will refer this matter to the development team who may wish to further investigate the conditions that resulted in this upgrade failure.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds