Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K1.6 to K2.0.3 - Style partially lost

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by iseca
Hello!

I have migrated today to the new version of Kunena (and fixed the problem of empty forum) but my CSS style has changed a little and I can't find the "key" of this, even searching at .forum-min.css or .forum.css, which old and new have the same code both. (Joomla 1.5)

This was before:

And this is after:

Thank you!
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by iseca.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
I would not search the Kunena CSS file(s); I have never searched the Kunena CSS files and I think only on one or two occasions, in the many hundreds of occasions where people have asked about what they should change and where they should change it, have I ever recommended changing the Kunena CSS files. It's just not worth it!

If you want to change the way your forum looks, change your Joomla site template CSS. If you have ever read the FAQs page (see the menu tab above), you will see this is the advice that we've given in the past: use Firebug (or another browser-based web-design tool) to work through the CSS and apply any special rules to your Joomla site template.

I'm not sure, just by looking at those two images, what it is that is "wrong" or what it is that you want to change. Could you describe, in a few words, what seems to be the problem or can you provide a link to your forum where other people may be able to examine the issues that you're having difficulty with, please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iseca
More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by iseca
Thank you sozzled!

Then, I will use firebug and try more thing in next days, but I give you my url too: www.playstationline.es/foro

I would change the letters color to orange (on titles) and to (almost) white on words that are grey now and are illegibles.

Thanks!
More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Simple:

Add the following lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena h2 a { color: orange !important; } #Kunena table.kblocktable { color: white; }
More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by iseca
Thank you sozzled,

I would want to ask you how do you know the code must be added to the end of the main template.
For example, I mean that if I inspect whith firebug the grey words of each subforum description, it says me "#Kunena div.kthead-desc, #Kunena div.kthead-moderators" (and it's right, because if I modify the parameters that Firebug gives me below that code, like "left" to "right" it works), however in the main template you say to add #Kunena table.kblocktable {} instead of (for example, I don't know) #Kunena div.kthead-desc {}.

I ask you how do you see that because I have more things to change and I don't see fair to ask for all.

Thanks!
More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
I am pleased that you have resolved your problem using my suggestion. For this reason I have marked the problem as solved and moved this topic to solved/archive category.

As far as your second question is concerned - "which file do you edit to change the CSS?" - this is often asked. Here is one example of a discussion that went on (and on for ages) about that issue: Which CSS file for editing background colour . I am sure, if you spend some time searching the forum, you will find many examples of the same issue.

I gave you my reasons why you should edit the site template file in msg #2 of this topic - it's just not worth the trouble to you if you change the Kunena CSS file(s) because you will have to change them every time you upgrade. When people realise that they have to change these things every time they upgrade, that gives them another reason not to upgrade: then they get problems; then they write into the forum; we tell them to upgrade and we're back to having this same discussion again. Simple customising (e.g. changing colours) is easy if you take the advice given in the FAQs page.

If you would like to open a new topic called "Which file should I edit when I want to change the colours of my Kunena forum?" you are welcome to do so. I will still give you the same advice: edit your Joomla site template file. Which file is that? I don't know: every Joomla site template stores the CSS files in different ways. Only you - the person managing your website - knows this. You can easily find out the name of your Joomla site template file by using Firebug or some other browser-based design tool.
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds