Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Running text appears chopped off in right border of text-box

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by san65
Hi,

I am facing this problem of the running text getting chopped off when the user clicks on SUBMIT. Because of this problem, the user has to edit their post, and hit a RETURN before the end of the line is reached.

I tried to tinker with the settings pertaining to text-area width in the Kunena configuration, but no dice.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
It probably has something to do with your Joomla site template. Please read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena
The following user(s) said Thank You: san65

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by san65
Hi,

Thank you very much for pointing to the right direction: my current Joomla template is Beez 20, and this same problem exists for another site where I am using Beez 20.

I will try to figure out how to resolve this issue, including studying Kunena-compatible templates.

Thanks again...

More
11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Beez20 - if you have not hacked too much of it - is compatible with Kunena. I think it would help better if we saw what it is that you are trying to describe. Can we see your configuration report, please, and a screenshot that illustrates the problem. Thank you.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #5 by san65
Hi,

Thank you for your response; much appreciated. I am attaching herewith the screenshot of the running text that gets chopped off after the user's post is approved by the moderator. Please observe how you cannot read the lines beyond the textbox-border in the right.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

TIA.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal Kunena configuration report in message

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
Try these ideas:

(1) Unpublish the modules on the right side of the pages where you display the forum
(2) Disable the plugin options that you do not need, e.g Gravatar integation, uddeIM. Do you want to integrate with Joomla login or Community Builder login; with Joomla access or with CB access? Do you want to use to use Kunena avatars or CB avatars; with Kunena user profiles or CB user profiles? Have you actually installed the Community Builder PM component?
(3) Try using Kunena template without the "blend" option?

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by san65
Hello sozzled,

Thank you for the guidance given.

sozzled wrote: Try these ideas:

(1) Unpublish the modules on the right side of the pages where you display the forum

Unpublishishing the module positions on the RHS (3, 6, 8 ) didn't work, as the positions are hard-coded in Beez20.

(2) Disable the plugin options that you do not need, e.g Gravatar integation, uddeIM. Do you want to integrate with Joomla login or Community Builder login; with Joomla access or with CB access? Do you want to use to use Kunena avatars or CB avatars; with Kunena user profiles or CB user profiles? Have you actually installed the Community Builder PM component?

I do not have Gravatar installed. I am planning to install & use UDDIM in the future. I would like to integrate Joomla login with CB login; Joomla access with CB access. I would like to CB avatars and CB user profiles. I haven't installed CB PM component yet, and undecided between UDDE and CB PMS.

(3) Try using Kunena template without the "blend" option?

Would like to know whether you are referring to some flavor of a Kunena template?

Thanks in advance.

More
11 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled
I do not understand your response. Please try the suggestions that I gave you.

More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by san65
Hi,

After studying the problem of the text not scrolling over to the next line, I made the following observations:

1. Any guest/non-registered member can view the full post, without the text getting chopped off in the right side of the text area.

2. Any registered user too can view the full posts made by other registered forum members.

3. When a registered user posts a message, they are unable to view their own posts in totality after their post is approved and published. The text gets chopped-off/cut-off in the right side of the text area.

4. The user has to hit a CR explicitly in the EDIT mode, and only then they are able to view the text fully.

Your guidance on how to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

TIA.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by san65
Hi again,

One additional observation which might be of help:

1. Say a moderator clicks on EDIT TOPIC to rectify the text-chopping problem, but clicks on SUBMIT without taking any action. Then after the post is published, the moderator's own view of that post shows the text to be chopped off. However, when the original user logs in to view their post, they find that their post is now intact, and they can view their post in its entirety.

What inference can be drawn from the above observations? And what is the solution to the problem?

TIA.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds