Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Updating a K 1.7 template to K 2.0

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by cbrace
Hi all,

I have a custom template which is basically Blue Eagle with slightly different colors. I created it for K1.7 and it is now out-of-date (I am seeing the broken editor error).

What is the best way to update a template? Should I run diff to compare the new Blue Eagle CSS files and my own to find out what is new? Or should I copy the Default to a new name and start from scratch?

Your suggestions please. I am a very part-time webmaster and no great expert in Joomla templates, so your patience is appreciated. B)

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #2 by cbrace
OK, thinking I would start from scratch again, I copied Blue Eagle v2 from the server to my desktop. I then edited template.xml accordingly, and installed it with the Kunena template manager. When I activate, the forum looks horrible. Firebug reveals that none of the Kunena CSS is being used; only the site-wide defaults. I look again at the template.xml file to see if there are any pathnames that need to be edited, but I don't find anything. What I am missing here?

This two-year old page on the wiki is not much help.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by cbrace.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by cbrace
Snooping around a bit, I see these lines in initialize.php:
Code:
if (file_exists ( JPATH_ROOT . "/templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.forum.css" )) { // Load css from Joomla template CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( JURI::root(true). "templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.forum.css" ); if ($skinner && file_exists ( JPATH_ROOT. "templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.skinner.css" )){ CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( JURI::root(true). "templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.skinner.css" ); } elseif (!$skinner && file_exists ( JPATH_ROOT. "templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.default.css" )) { CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( JURI::root(true). "templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.default.css" ); } } else { // Load css from default template $template->addStyleSheet ( 'css/kunena.forum.css' ); if ($skinner) { $template->addStyleSheet ( 'css/kunena.skinner.css' ); } else { $template->addStyleSheet ( 'css/kunena.default.css' ); } }

Is the name of my new template not being passed properly?

Disclaimer: I don't know PHP.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by cbrace
I hope I don't get flamed for bumping this, but until just an hour ago this category was excluded from Recent Topics.

Anyone?... I am desperate to update my forum's template.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
I have no real problem with this topic being given an extra bit of a push - although, I have to confess, it would take me several hours to compose a comprehensive answer that adequately covers all of the issues that this topic raises ... time that I simply do not have.

The fault, that the topic had not appeared in the Recent Topics was ours and we're sorry it happened.

We understand that people can become eager for answers and, when the answers are not immediately forthcoming, eagerness may turn to urgency and urgency may, in turn, lead to the situation becoming more "desperate". We have categories for those kinds of situations where people can more "timely" help (depending on what incentives they may be offering for such consultation work):

It is regrettable that the "documentation" (about custom template design) that exists in the Wiki is not comprehensive or easy-to-follow and despite my own requests for assistance to update it, no-one has volunteered to carry out a review/update of the information for K 2.0. Sorry.

Let us hope that, with patience, other members of the community will see this topic and contribute their thoughts, ideas and help in this matter.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrace

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #6 by cbrace
I am trying to style the div.kheader classes. In particular, I am trying to add a background image.

For the .kmsg-header class, this works in kunena.default.css:
Code:
#Kunena div.kmsg-header { background-image: url("../images/bg.png") !important; background-repeat: repeat-y !important; border-bottom-color:#D9D9D9; color: #FFFFFF; }
But this doesn't
Code:
#Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background-image: url("../images/bg.png") !important; background-repeat: repeat-y !important; border-bottom-color:#D9D9D9; color: #FFFFFF; }
The problem is that in the case of the latter it is overriden by CSS code included in the page itself, which as we know takes precedence over the external CSS files.

See this screenshot below. #1 (line 19 in the page itself) is overriding #2, which is in kunena.forum.css. If I switch off #1 in the code inspector, the background image displays properly, but I can't make it this stick. How do I disable the page's internal CSS so I can control all the CSS from the external CSS files?

Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #7 by cbrace
Never mind, I figure out how to do it: pasting the pathname of the background image into the relevant parameters fields in the Template Manager page for the template instead of a color.

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by informaticien51
supress !important in your 1. override.

It is used in both of your overrides, so the last one is used (standard css rules)....

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by cbrace
Thanks for the explanation. But #1 is generated by Kunena, so I have no control over it (that I know of).

More
10 years 11 months ago #10 by pamZGS
I am specifically having the issue where the !important in Kunena for kheader background is not allowing me to customize color.

Please see attached.

I have inserted into my template custom.css
[code] #Kunena .kblock div.kheader {
background-color: #9684B4;
border-bottom-color: rgb(201, 189, 221);
color:rgb(200, 255, 255);
}
with and without "! important" but Kunena's is taking precedence.

Please advise,
Pam

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds