Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Bug Some forum users post double text

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by TopazTen
Not all,but some of the forum users on our relatively newly initiated forum when posting post the same message twice without a paragraph break. I saw this happen once and thought nothing of it, but now that there are over 5 isolated instances with different users I am beginning to fret. Here's my configuration report.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : inspire | author: Joomlabamboo | version: 1.2.1 | creationdate: 01 January 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, TopazTen, and welcome to Kunena.

This may or may not be a "defect" in K 2.0.4 but, because K 2.0 is at end-of-life and this is the first - and only - time we have seen this matter reported (in over a year since K 2.0 was released), it is unlikely that we will get to the bottom of the problem. FYI, on 31 August this year, support for K 2.0 will cease.

My suggestion is that you look into upgrading to K 3.0.1 because, from a glance at your configuration report, your site meets the basic requirements to handle K 3.0. I would also suggest that you simplify your Kunena menu or, at least, look at how to customise it properly.

When you say that you're getting double postings of the same message, do you have an example that you can show us. The thing that troubles me are the words "without a paragraph break" because if I understand you in the literal, HTML sense, then I would be very surprised to find that Kunena was the cause of the problem.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by OpenEyesAndEars
Hey Sozzled! =)

I'm working with TopazTen on the same website / forum.

Thanks for the information and we will be considering upgrading in the future K 3.0 but hopefully won't need to because we've been advised by our supervisors to not do so at this current juncture.

Here are two examples of the issue. Any and all advice that would allow us to keep using Kunena 2.0 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

postimg.org/image/hzhonsj03/

postimg.org/image/h4vlkyzrr/
Attachments:

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

OpenEyesAndEars wrote: Thanks for the information and we will be considering upgrading in the future K 3.0 but hopefully won't need to because we've been advised by our supervisors to not do so at this current juncture.

Is the advice based on technical grounds or simply because your supervisors have misgivings about K 3.0? Please advise your supervisors that support for K 2.0 will cease on 31 August this year and that, if current problems with K 2.0 are not rectified before then, there will be no community help available to deal with issues that occur (or continue) after that time.

Returning to the original question you asked, thank you for showing us how this particular problem manifests itself on your site. This behaviour is unusual and I have asked the team to offer suggestions as to why this is happening. We do not think that it's a behaviour caused by Kunena but we have no specific clues at this time as to what actually behind the behaviour.

To both OpenEyesAndEars and TopazTen: if either of you experience this behaviour when you use Kunena at the target site, perhaps you may be able to provide an insight into the conditions when message content somehow is automatically duplicated?

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
The team has reviewed this topic and as no further suggestions or advice to offer at this time. The team's consensus is that this issue is not caused by Kunena but, should the cause be proven to be otherwise, its solution would be adopted in K 3.0 (or a later version).
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds