Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Kunena 2.04 RSS Feed doesn't work

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by sunny33days
Hi, I have the latest Joomla 2.5.9 and just installed Kunena 2.04 latest Kunena forum version today. First of all congrats, the new Kunena version is much faster!

The one bad thing I've found, is the RSS feed isn't correct with the new version. When you click on the feed icon, instead of showing a feed, it reverts to the regular Kunena page. Perhaps the url or rss generator is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #2 by skybax
I use J 1.5.26 and K 2.0.4 and it works, see if this link works for you
Code:
http://www.your-website.com/forum/topics/mode-topics/sel-720?format=feed&type=rss
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by skybax.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by sunny33days
I don't know why, but it looks like my current install with the latest Joomla 2.5.9 and Kunena 2.0.4 had the rss url feed wrong..

On mine it's forum/recent/sel-168.feed?type=rss

However this just takes you back to the regular recent topics page of the forum.

I'm not sure where this url is coming from? It appears it's just a wrong url being generated from Kunena.. Any idea how to fix?

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by skybax
Look in Forum Configuration >> General >> Enable RSS Feeds = Yes

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by sunny33days
Yes, it's enabled.. The icon itself has the wrong url in it.. When I manually change the url I can see the feed. When I use the same url structure and change it to: forum/recent/sel-720?format=feed&type=rss I can see the feeds..

However in my install, the feed logo has this url structure: forum/recent/sel-168.feed?type=rss

I'm not sure why mine has sel-168?

More
11 years 1 month ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

Try by disabling in Joomla! configuration panel: add .html suffixes to URLs.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 1 month ago #7 by sunny33days
Hi, yes that did resolve it actually, and the sel-168.feed works. The problem is, is I need to leave the suffix on though for SEO purposes unfortunately. With the .html suffix on, if I use the same url structure like Kunena has in this forum (with "sel-720?" as part of the url structure) it works too..

I'm not sure why my rss icon generates sel-168 and other sites have sel-720 though? In my RSS reader I guess I could just manually change the url to the 720, I guess I'm only concerned about it possibly generating duplicate urls or content in the search engines.

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds