Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Unable to delete posts in Trash Manager Messages

More
11 years 4 months ago #11 by Shimei
Is the solution to this problem in progress? Has anyone found a way to resolve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #12 by romagromov
I updated kunena to 2.0.3 - bug is still...
I have tons of deleted posts on my site, and I can't to purge them totaly...
Developers, are you going to resolve this problem?

Download Free Software for Windows absolutly free.

More
11 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled

More
11 years 3 months ago #14 by Shimei
Hello Sozzled,

As far as I am aware there will be no more support for Kunena forums on Joomla! 1.5 platforms. Will this warrant a newer release version for those of us who will be left behind with this problem, that is, if this is enough of a problem to justify a newer version? Lastly, someone mentioned in the forum thread, that they were able to manually delete the threads from the database. Is there a process or step by step solution to accomplish this, and is there really an issue that justifies its reason?

Thank You!

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled

Shimei wrote: As far as I am aware there will be no more support for Kunena forums on Joomla! 1.5 platforms.

Joomla is not supporting J! 1.5. K 2.0 will remain available to people who are still using J! 1.5 on their website. There will be one last release of K 2.0 but, after that, there will be no further releases of K 2.0.

Shimei wrote: Will this warrant a newer release version for those of us who will be left behind with this problem, that is, if this is enough of a problem to justify a newer version?

I do not know enough about the issue reported at GitHub (see my previous post) to be able to advise whether the problem discussed in this topic will be fixed in K 2.0.4. I believe that the team is still looking at ways to fix this problem in time for the release of K 2.0.4 because the team recognises the importance of the problem. It is important that K 2.0.4 is released as soon as possible in order to allow the team to focus their attention on K 3.0 for J! 2.5 and J! 3.0.

The developers are doing their best but, as there has been no further update posted at GitHub, I can only repeat what I have seen and heard in offline discussions on this subject.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
11 years 3 months ago #16 by romagromov
Guys, I have this problem not in Joomla 1.5!!!

Joomla 2.5.8, Kunena 2.0.3 - I can't purge delete messages...

Download Free Software for Windows absolutly free.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #17 by sozzled
Yes, romagromov, I understand that your problem relates to J! 2.5.8 and K 2.0.3. My last message was in response to the questions asked by Shimei.

My purpose in responding to this topic was to provide as much information as I know about the issue. My knowledge of the issue is confined to what I have read (in GitHub) and what I have heard is discussions elsewhere on this subject. My understanding is that the team members are looking at how to fix the problem; my understanding is that, like you, the team would like to resolve this problem as quickly as possible and to have the fix available in time for the release of K 2.0.4.

K 2.0.4 is needed to address a number of issues that have been reported. The preliminary release notes for K 2.0.4 refer to a number of very important issues that have been reported by members of the community. The team would like to release K 2.0.4 as quickly as is humanly possible so that the team can concentrate on working to produce K 3.0 (also as quickly as is humanly possible). We are aware that people would like this problems fixed yesterday but, unfortunately, we cannot always meet these expectations, can we?

The team is aware of the problem; the team is looking at ways to resolve the problem. We understand your concerns and your feelings of frustration that problems like these are not being fixed as quickly as you may want. I, personally, don't have any more information than what I have posted. I will ask the developers to look at this topic to give you an update on what they know and to offer you their thoughts on what we can all do to achieve a satisfactory resolution on the matter.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 3 months ago #18 by sozzled
I understand that the solution for this problem has been included in K 2.0.4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds