Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Moderating new posts - approve and moderate but not delete

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by kross76
I've installed Kunena 2.0.2 on my Joomla 1.5 site. Seems to be working find. There seems to be a small but annoying change (bug? feature?). On our moderated forums, when a new post is made, we now are only offered Approve and Moderate buttons, not Delete. We can delete a new post after approving it.

We get a reasonable number of spamming posts we'd just like to delete and not approve first. K 1.7 allowed us to do this. Can we add it to k2.0.x?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
If this is a support issue (reporting a defect/bug) then please read the important notice at the top of this page.

I have not actually tested this "feature" - the ability to be able to delete a message when using Review Posts = Yes - in K 2.0 (under any version of Joomla) and so I do not know the answer. Maybe the facility existed in K 1.7 and it's quite possible that the facility was not implemented in K 2.0. This could have been a deliberate decision or it could have been an oversight.

No-one else has yet reported this issue. If other people confirm that your issue is, in fact, the case, then perhaps this is something that needs to be logged in GitHub. I simply do not know anything without spending much time testing this for myself. Unfortunately I cannot say when I can make that time available to conduct my own tests.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by kross76
There's a simple solution, it seems. For an individual post, there's a very small "spam" button. If you click on it, it acts like the delete button, and they you're given a new button to permanently delete the post - just as before.

More
11 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
Where do you find a spam button?
I have tested and reported it on Github.
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1113

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by kross76

See the file for the spam button
Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by rich
Thank you for your answer. Can it be that this button is from another software? In my clean Kunena installation this button does not exist.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by kross76
Interesting ... I've installed JAntispam

www.ratmilwebsolutions.com/forum/2-jooml...-jantispam-1012.html

Maybe the button is from that? I just looked at the source code, and the "css class" is kmessage-informmarkup. Looks like Kunena to me, but it could be Jantispam. My config is k2.0.2 and J1.5.27

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #8 by rich
I think you're right. I had tested with J 1.5, J 2.5 and Kunena 2.0.2 but the spam button is not present.
But I found yet another error in this context.
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1114
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #9 by brentwilliams
Having the same issue in my install of 2.0.2.

I do not see any delete button when moderating a post. (I also do not see any sort of spam link)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by brentwilliams.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
What, specifically, is the "same issue" that you are having. Would you like to elaborate with a few more details about what is wrong with K 2.0.2 at the moment?

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds