Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged Kunena Latest module does not show latest posts from topics in restricted categories if the user has not logged-in first

More
11 years 1 month ago #11 by fabiofiol
My average user visit the home page and login only if he sees new downloads, new pictures, new posts. I have a module that shows latest downloads, but you can download them only if logged. In the same way I would like to have a module that shows that there are latest posts, but you can read them only if logged in. I don't mind if a guest is able to see that there are a post titled "summer 2013 camp" or "tips on movies" or whatelse...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #12 by sozzled
My answer is the same as before.

If you want the members of your forum to have private discussions (that is, the topics cannot be viewed or replied to unless your users are logged in) then that's the way that Kunena Latest module will also work.

The Kunena Latest module does not show information about topics in private/restricted categories unless your users are logged-in to your site. This is normal.

If you want to allow guests to view "private" discussions that's a whole different question but I do not have any other answer for you except to tell you that it's not possible. The easiest way to resolve the issue is to put a notice on your site that says something like this:

Our forum contains topics that can only be viewed if you are logged-in first. If you want to see the latest messages posted on our forum then please create an account and log in to the site to see them.

This will solve the problem at zero cost to you.

The other way of solving this problem is to make your categories public. Topics in public categories can be viewed without being logged-in but people will need to login if they want to respond to them. Public categories will be displayed by the Kunena Latest module without having to be logged-in. This solution also costs nothing and requires no special programming changes. :)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #13 by ceymur
Can the latestmodule be like in the following graphic?

Joomla 5.1.26 or ....

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by ceymur.

More
11 years 1 month ago #14 by sozzled

More
11 years 1 month ago #15 by diogo814
hi,
My website is in portuguese so i dont know accurately the name of the module but i have it in my main page and it shows the 3 last topics made by users in forum. The problem is if you are not login in the site it doesnt show the topics (the forum is only for registered ppl) but i want unregistered ppl to see the topics and if they click them they go to the topic or to the login screen. I cant find that option so every one can see the topics in the module.
hope i made my self clear.

www.stimpostos.pt

(the bottom middle module)

More
11 years 1 month ago #16 by sozzled
G'day, diogo814, and welcome to the forum.

I have merged your question with this topic that has been discussing similar cases to yours. Please read the discussion which will explain why the Kunena Latest module does not display the latest messages posted in restricted categories and some ideas you can use to work around the issue that you have.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #17 by mjvvorst
Dear Sozzled,
Although for some of us (including me) English is not the native language, I see that many other users have the same problem as I have.
I want 'private discussions' in the forum, meaning that only registered users can see the discussions and participate.
BUT, for 'marketing purposes' (as others stated), it would be nice if the latest moduled would show the latest topics for ALL. Just to trigger users to become member and participate.
I do this with 'latest comments' and 'latest downloads'. Works great, but not for Kunena!
I feel that this does not compromise the security-basics. Just add an option in the latest module (instead of using the category-settings of the component) for a permissions setting for the module.
So guests can see a topic and not a full-blown discussion! It will trigger their attention and stimulate a membership. That's called marketing and has nothing to do with security.
If a non-registered user clicks on one of the latest-links, a login-screen is displayed. Simple as that.
Many other components work like this, but you keep on being reluctant for reasons unknown to me.
Please reconsider, because Kunena is the best forum available otherwise.

Mark
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mjvvorst.

More
10 years 11 months ago #18 by sozzled

mjvvorst wrote: BUT, for 'marketing purposes' (as others stated), it would be nice if the latest modules would show the latest topics for ALL. Just to trigger users to become member and participate.

This is not possible to do in Kunena as it compromises the Joomla security model.

On a related subject, about encouraging users to join your website to see all the wonderful discussions that your members are having in the forum, see Teasers - Read post titles without being able to read posts . This facility is also not implemented in the currently-available versions of Kunena at this time.

It's a good idea, perhaps, but it's not possible to do achieve this without a lot of work and keep everyone happy at the same time. Sorry.

More
10 years 11 months ago #19 by mjvvorst

sozzled wrote: It's a good idea, perhaps, but it's not possible to do achieve this without a lot of work and keep everyone happy at the same time. Sorry.

In that case, sorry from me too.
Switching to another forum. No kunena anymore!

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds