Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged Kunena Latest module does not show latest posts from topics in restricted categories if the user has not logged-in first

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by fabiofiol
Hi everybody!
I would like to have a forum with private discussions, but a latest module showing them in home page. If I click on a post listed by latest module when I'm not logged in, the site should show a login page.
Is this possible?
I tried several options and read many posts on this forum, but I couldn't fix.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by ceymur
That's what I'm looking for a module ...

Visitors can see the main page, the last opened module Mesas! Login to post ask for clicks

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #3 by ceymur
I am using Kunena component. I need support about wieving the subject titles ( i mean the subject titles in the forum section )on joomla mainpage (when forum section is closed ) by using Kunena latest module.

I allready thank for your support.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by ceymur.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #4 by ceymur
I am using Kunena component. I need support about wieving the subject titles ( i mean the subject titles in the forum section )on joomla mainpage (when forum section is closed ) by using Kunena latest module.

I allready thank for your support.

[img size=600]http://www.hobifan.com/images/kunena 2.jpg[/img]

[img size=600]http://www.hobifan.com/images/kunena 3.jpg[/img]

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

ceymur: If your forum is restricted, so that only registered, logged-in users can view topics, then the Kunena Latest module will respect those settings and only registered, logged-in users can see the information displayed by the module. That is how the module was designed to work.

This, however, sounds like another subject we've received many requests about. See Teasers - Read list of topics but not be able to view the contents unless you are registered .
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago #6 by ceymur
Dear sozzled,

I need a simple module like in K.1,5, that let visistors to see only titles, number of clickings and the name of the member written in the forum. If you develop mod_kunenalatest like this and send me i will pay you 50 USD. I think at least 10.000 people will pay for a module like this.

Do you accept my offer, I am waiting for your reply.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Even in older versions of Kunena, like K 1.5 for example, the Kunena Latest module has always worked in a similar way. If your forum has categories that are restricted, so that you have to be logged in to view the topics in those categories, then the Kunena Latest module would only display the topic titles, and who posted them, depending on the permissions that you've set for your Kunena category.

With the introduction of extra security permissions that arrived around the time of J! 1.6, it became possible to further refine the ability to allow or restrict access to forum categories.

Consider this example:

Category A topics can only be viewed by people who are logged in as "normal" users
Category B can only be viewed by people who are site administrators
Category C can be viewed by anyone but only registered users can reply to topics
Category D contains topics that discuss issues involving members of your forum and can only be viewed by forum moderators.

If the Kunena Latest module did not uphold the same values of confidentiality that were set when defining the category types that I've just mentioned, then it would be disastrous if people discovered that people were "discussing" issues that were off-limits to those accounts not entitled to know about such things! That, after all, is the whole purpose of having "private discussions"! The Kunena Latest module respects the category settings and permissions that you have defined in order to preserve that privacy.

If you want the Kunena Latest module to display evidence of new posts in categories that you've restricted to people who have to be logged-in to view the topics, then you need to reconsider the necessity to restrict those categories in the first place. Perhaps you do not need to restrict your forum so that only logged-in users are the only ones who can use it? Have you thought about that?

I have no plans to customise the Kunena Latest module to meet your requirement even for the sum of $50.00, sorry. Perhaps someone else might be interested in taking up the challenge but I also hope that you seriously consider that what you have asked for may not be worth the cost if it damages the confidentiality of the discussions that your members engage in. Perhaps that's something you might like to talk over with the members on your site.

fabiofiol wrote: I would like to have a forum with private discussions, but a latest module showing them in home page.

This really defeats the purpose of having "private discussions" if you advertise the fact on the home page, doesn't it? The first law of security states "The best way to keep a secret is to not tell anyone that you have any secrets you are keeping." ;)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #8 by ceymur
"Kunena Forum latest topics in the forum module," This module can be added as an option ...
This feature is especially members to ask ...

This module is specifically designed with the money to buy us ... We come there were no money ....

This type of module: Commercial

More
11 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
I will make it simple for you.

(1) I did not write the Kunena Latest module.
(2) I am not interested in making this change for you, to bypass forum security. Perhaps someone else might be interested in making this change.
(3) There is a simple solution. Encourage your users to login. Cost = nothing (except for 5 seconds to login).
(4) K 1.5 did not work any differently to K 2.0 as far as this feature is concerned.

If you want "private discussions" then don't advertise any information about them on your website home page. That's my advice and I have saved you $50. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ceymur

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #10 by ceymur
Mr. sozzled,

I think that ı could not explain you, what i wanted. I do not want to advertise forum topics on home page of course. The purpose is not advertising i mean. I just want visitors to see forum topics on homepage in order to induce them to be members os my web-site. These forum topics are not so special as you think. They are only official ( i mean related by our job) sharings. For example a visitor enters the site and sees the topics recently shared in the forum, he thinks that an important thing is being discussed, he wants to write something about this topic but he have to be logged in for this, so he logs in, and by logging in he becomes a member of our site. I he does not see anything on the mainpage (as now) he can not know what topics are being discussed thus he reads news and leaves the site and we lose a member so.
I need a simple module to perform this feature. You misunderstood me, i just wanted to pay money for this feature because i urgently need it on the forum section of my web-site.

Sincerely ...

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds