Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Discuss 2.0.3: guests cannot be the first ones to make a comment

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I checked the GitHub posts to see if this K Discuss bug has been reported or listed with them and it's not there: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1167

Is there somewhere I should post or contact to report that there's still a bug in the KDiscuss plugin and Guests cannot be the first to post a comment/thread?

Thanks for any info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: navdeep11
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
As far as we can tell, this problem was fixed in K 2.0.2 and we cannot see any evidence of the problem returning in K 2.0.3. Can you please post your configuration report so that we can find out more about your problem? Thank you.
More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by nemmar
Hi Sozzled,

I just noticed you replied to my post a few weeks ago. I posted my K2.03 config report in the other thread I started a month earlier:
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...work?start=10#137142

Let me know if there's something in my Kunena config report that would indicate what might be causing the Discuss Plugin to not allow Guests to be the first to post comments.

Thanks for any advice.
More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
As far as we can tell, this issue was resolved in K 2.0.2. I am not aware of reports (on the forum or in GitHub) that indicate that the problem has returned in K 2.0.3.
More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by rich
Please go in "Category Manager > Category > Permission" and choose "User Groups Allowed To Reply = Public". Then it should work.
More
11 years 3 months ago #6 by nemmar

rich wrote: Please go in "Category Manager > Category > Permission" and choose "User Groups Allowed To Reply = Public". Then it should work.

Hi rich,

Yes, I already have my forum settings as you mentioned. Any idea what else might be causing my K Discuss 2.03 plugin not to work correctly?
More
11 years 3 months ago #7 by nemmar
Hi,

I just tested out the KDiscuss plugin with the Debug option turned on in the plugin settings.

There is a line in the debug info on the site frontend that states:
If you have Guest can Post enabled then this does NOT work well if you have Joomla cache or plugin cache enabled.

Can you tell me if it's possible to use the KDiscuss plugin and allow Guests to post on a site that needs cache enabled?
I would think more people would be having this problem with the KD plugin, but I guess maybe they have very small websites and they don't need cache enabled.

Thanks for any advice!
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #8 by rich
You are right, if Joomla cache is enabled it does not work. [strike]I have created an new bug report.

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/issues/120
[/strike]
Edit:

Is reopened:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1167
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by rich.
More
11 years 1 week ago #9 by nemmar
Hi,

Is the Kunena Discuss Plugin fixed yet with the cache enabled bug that prevented Guests from posting?
More
11 years 1 week ago #10 by sozzled
Please try updating to K 2.0.4 and Kunena Discuss 2.0.4.

K 2.0.3 (and Kunena Discuss 2.0.3) are no longer the current versions and are not supported any more. Please start a new topic about any problems that you have with Kunena Discuss.