Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question KD 2.0.3 plugin does not work

More
11 years 4 months ago #11 by nemmar

810 wrote: Please make a screenshot from your settings and post it here.

Hi 810 and Sozzled,

Sorry for posting in the thread of the wrong forum. I searched and found that recent post in the K 2.0 Support (Reporting Defects) forum and figured I should add my issue to that thread.

I attached a screenshot of my K Discuss Plugin settings. These are the same settings I have been using for about a year and did not have problems until the K D2.0x updates were installed. My Discuss plugin worked great before updating to the KD2.x versions, but many people had the same bug issue (as noted in the other Discuss thread I linked to).

If you see any settings in the screenshot image that I need to change, then please let me know.

Thanks for any advice!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic KD 2.0.3 plugin does not work
try to add topic owner. thats the id from the admin.

More
11 years 4 months ago #13 by nemmar

810 wrote: try to add topic owner. thats the id from the admin.

Hi 810,

I tested it out by adding my SuperUser admin ID number into the Topic Owner box but Discuss still does not work when a Guest tries to post in an article. I didn't try it with a logged in user since even if that might work, there's still the bug in the Discuss plugin (at least on my site the plugins not working).

Do you have any other advice on how I can fix this?

I have a J2.5.8 site with a RocketTheme template so I don't know if that makes a difference with the Discuss plugin.

Thanks for any advice!

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #14 by sozzled

nemmar wrote: I have a J2.5.8 site with a RocketTheme template so I don't know if that makes a difference with the Discuss plugin.

You can make things a lot easier on yourself if you read and follow the advice in What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Perhaps there is an issue with Rockettheme, I do not know.

Your configuration report is always a good way to help. ;)

Have you tried using simple settings for Kunena Discuss, like those I showed in my image earlier? I think we should try to get something working and then figure out what has changed on your website from whatever was working a year ago until the present day. Maybe you removed a category of Joomla articles from your site and your category mapping information hasn't been changed? I do not know.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #15 by nemmar
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_reflex | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.6 | creationdate: August 10, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.3 | creationdate: 2012-11-24

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.3 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.3 | Kunena Stats 2.0.3 | Kunena Login 2.0.3 | Kunena Search 2.0.3

Hi Sozzled,

Okay, I attached the Kunena 2.0.3 config settings report.

The Discuss plugin was working fine until the 2.01 or 2.02 update was installed (see the other Discuss forum post I linked to in my earlier post in this thread). At that time it seemed like almost everyone was having issues with the Discuss plugin nor allowing Guests to post comments in articles. So I don't know if it's a RocketTheme conflict, but I don't think so, but I'm not a programmer so I don't know how to check that.

I just tested out the the simple settings for the Discuss plugin with no Category Mapping IDs (left that box blank). It still did not work. I do not get any error messages when a comment is entered into the plugin comment box and I click "Submit", and I also do not see any messages for errors/confirmation in the Joomla message area (near the top of the pages).

Are other Kunena users having any problems with the Discuss Plugin 2.0.3, or is my site the only one you've heard of that didn't get fixed with the 2.0.3 update? I hope it's not just my site. Let me know what advice you might have for me to try and fix this.

Thanks for any advice!
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by nemmar. Reason: Update after testing the changes.

More
11 years 4 months ago #16 by nemmar
Hi sozzled,

Is there an update on this if it's a bug in the Discuss Plugin?

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds