Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Enable comments for guests

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by rajeshatbuzz
Hi,

Is there any ways by which we can enable comments forms for the guest users but in read only mode with some custom message such as for comments need to login/register or something

or

comments forms should have login/registration url attached with you????

cmsGalaxy
Website Developement | Design | SEO | PPC
www.cmsGalaxy.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Enable comments for guests
If you want to allow guests to post in your forum, use the configuration setting:

Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only = No

This forum configuration setting also applies to Kunena Discuss. Does that answer your question?

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by Treverer
Replied by Treverer on topic Enable comments for guests
hello,

i just made the update to version 2.0.2.
but i have still the same problem, i wrote about in the other thread.

it's the same problem/question like rajeshatbuzz describes - and, no, to change the security configuration does not help.

i will try, to describe this point again:

if somebody is logged in, he can see the comments and he can see the (quick)answer field. he also can see the answer field, if there are no comments before. everything is fine - for him.
(quote form debug modus:
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying form ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showTopic: No messages to render ]
)

as guest, you can see the comments - but no hint (as replace for the answer field), that he must/can(!) login or register, to make a comment. if there a no comments made to the article, as guest you see nothing.
(quote form debug modus:
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showTopic: No messages to render ]
)

you see: we need an "Displaying form" alternative for guests.

in the last version before 2.0.x, there was a hint at the bottom of the article, that there a x comments (or the comments themselves) and that the guest must log in to write a comment. i'm not sure, but i think to remember, even the quick answer form was shown, you could write in and send - and then the guest (=not logged in as user before) was able to do the login?

okay, it's not neccessary, to build up such complicate thing. would be enough to render a hint, that you can log in at this place. that's what rajeshatbuzz want to say with "comments forms should have login/registration url attached with you???? " i think...

i hope, you can work on this point, because it is important, to show each guest, he can comment, if he want to.

i hope, you understand my bad english descripation. if not: i will try again.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
You need to allow guests to post in your forum as I showed you in msg #2.

I do not know about "another thread". Please post the URL of the "other thread".

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #5 by Treverer

sozzled wrote: You need to allow guests to post in your forum as I showed you in msg #2.

I do not know about "another thread". Please post the URL of the "other thread".

sorry, here is the link:

www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...ifferently-to-kd-1-7

my only topic, i opened here. i wrote there about this problem before and the tread-title is clear: "TOPIC: KD 2.0 "read more" link works differently to KD 1.7"

and no: your "solution" does not solve the problem, because guest should not write in the forum.

i tried my best in bad english to describe the problem, rajeshatbuzz also did and he said clearly "Is there any ways by which we can enable comments forms for the guest users but in read only mode with some custom message such as for comments need to login/register or something"

you again give the adivice, to allow guests to write. the opposit we want. crazy... i tried your advice for two weeks, when i read your post first; noting changed in blog-view. i didn't examine the problem in that way more, because guest should not write in the forum, the only should see the posting in blog view inclusive the option to login - even if there is no posting before. (i will try again in few minutes)

but, i must say: it is okay, if this feature doesn't work anymore. but it did in further versions. seems nothing you can accept?

so, sorry for asking und sorry for trying to make kunena/joomla better :whistle:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Treverer.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled

Treverer wrote: your "solution" does not solve the problem, because guest should not write in the forum.

If guests should not write in the forum then guests cannot write comments. I do not know anything about enabling comment forms for guests but in "read-only mode". A form is a place where a user can input data. How can you have a form that you cannot input data? This does not make sense.

The topic is "enable comments for guests". I think the topic is really about "can you use Kunena Discuss to remind guests that they need to login before they can post comments?" I am not aware in some older version of the software where there was a reminder like you're suggesting. I think you're over-complicating the issue. If you do not want guests to post in your forum then you can do that. I think you can easily give people the hint that they need to register at your site if they want to make comments on your Joomla articles. I don't think that we have to do that for you.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by Treverer
thanks for your reply.

you and the kunena team must do nothing for me or the community, of course.

i dont know and dont understand, why you did not accept, that the funcionality of the old version was not the same like the 2.x version.

and yes, i really will start to build in what i need by myself. B)

what i found until now:

PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_NEW_TOPIC_NOT_CREATED and PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_LOGIN_OR_REGISTER

and a interesting part from in the code:

Code:
$linktopic = ''; $linktitle = JText::sprintf ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_DISCUSS_ON_FORUMS', $topic->posts ); if ($topic->exists() && $linkOnly) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Displaying only link to the topic" ); return JHtml::_('kunenaforum.link', $topic->getUri ($category), $linktitle, $linktitle ); } elseif ( $topic->exists() && !$plgShowForm ) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Displaying link to the topic because the form is disabled" ); $linktopic = JHtml::_('kunenaforum.link', $topic->getUri ($category), $linktitle, $linktitle ); } elseif ( !$topic->exists() && !$plgShowForm ) { $linktopic = JText::_('PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_NEW_TOPIC_NOT_CREATED'); }

the last case, no topic and no form, is the essential point. there is no message like 'The topic in Kunena hasn't been created yet. Add your reply.' in the html source-code. the php-code will executed - but no message...

i will look for login/register now...

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled

Treverer wrote: i dont know and dont understand, why you did not accept, that the functionality of the old version was not the same like the 2.x version.

Just because something "worked" (in a particular way) in an older version does not make it right or necessarily feasible to work in a later version. Things change. Sometimes when things worked in an older version, mistakes happen or things are forgotten in a later version. These things happen, too.

I never said that the current version worked correctly (even if it does not work the way you would like it to). I offered you another alternative. People can offer their opinions (good ones or not so good ones) but I don't think that's a reason to say that offering an opinion is not doing something for the community. What we could have done, instead, was to have kept our opinions to ourselves and let you wonder why you no-one was offering help.

Perhaps, with the new information you posted, someone may be able to suggest a better range of options for you to work with. Good luck.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #9 by Treverer
so, now i must ask something. look at this code from kunenadiscuss.php:
Code:
protected function showForm($row, $category, $topic, $subject ) { $canPost = $this->canPost ( $category, $topic ); if (! $canPost) { if (! $this->user->exists()) { $this->debug ( "showForm: Public posting is not permitted, show login instead" ); $login = KunenaFactory::getLogin (); $loginlink = $login->getLoginURL (); $registerlink = $login->getRegistrationURL (); $this->msg = JText::sprintf ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_LOGIN_OR_REGISTER', '"' . $loginlink . '"', '"' . $registerlink . '"' ); } else { $this->debug ( "showForm: Unfortunately you cannot discuss this item" ); $this->msg = JText::_ ( 'PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_NO_PERMISSION_TO_POST' ); } }

i am not sure 100%, but i think part between
Code:
if (! $canPost) { if (! $this->user->exists()) {
never will run, because the function showForm will never used, if the user can not post. and i also think, the function getLogin is not defined...

p.s.> did not saw your answer before last posting..sorry...
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Treverer.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds