Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged KD 2.0 "read more" link works differently to KD 1.7

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by Treverer
hello,

i'm very glad about kunena und i was very happy, when i saw th upgrade was so easy :woohoo:

i upgraded from 1.72 to 2.01 inclusive the new diskuss plugin. since then, i'm not able to let apear a possibility to create a new thread from an article for a public viewer. when such thread has been created before, a public viewer can see the answers in blog-view, but also can't see the quick-answer window (he only can follow the link "read more" into the forum) or a link into the forum. to change from a default-forum-category to a specific mapping changed nothing. (and i'm sure, i selected the right forum category id ;) )

when i am logged in, (nearly) everthing is okay.

i hope, you can find an fix this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by willey
The same thing happenned to me also and thanks for this discussion

SSL provide the strongest protection, greatest flexibilty

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by Treverer
i am a little bit disappointed to find now answer for the problem after nearly four weeks. something new?

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by BunterICT
Hi all,
I recently upgraded to Kunena 2.02 [strike]and have noticed two bugs.

1.[/strike] Kunena Discuss - I have my website set up with Kunena Discuss to take front page articles and automatically load them into the forum. This is an awesome plugin! When the article is posted into the forum, it uses the following tags:
Code:
[article=full]123[/article]

However, it gives you a link at the bottom of the post to go directly to the article to read it. This link, after the upgrade, merely links to the forum post rather than linking to the article. I believe I was previously using Kunena 1.7.x and it worked properly by linking to the Joomla! article rather than the forum thread as it does now.

[strike]2. In the POLLS section of the Kunena control panel ----> forum configuration ----> extra, there is an option to allow users to vote multiple times. When I create a poll, I am allowed to vote and change my vote, not vote more than once. Also, and I know this is the wrong place for it, but it would be nice to allow for multiple mark votes using checkboxes rather than radio buttons. The configuration is:

Enable Polls: YES
Maximum Number Poll Options: 100
Time Between Consecutive Votes: 00:00:01
Maximum Number of Votes Per User: 10
Single Vote Only: NO
Show Voters: YES

I have also allowed polls in the particular category/section. I went overkill on the settings hoping to eliminate a dumb possibility of user error, but between the 1 second time between votes, 10 votes per user, 100 vote options, and being an admin, I would hope that it's not user error. I do not know if this bug previously existed.
[/strike]
Here is my configuration. If you guys have any other questions or need ANY other details, feel free to let me know. Thank you.

www.bunterict.org/

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 1600 seconds | Max execution memory: 1190M | Max file upload: 1024M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : bunterictisbrown1_5 | author: Rob Barton | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: One subject per topic. Second question removed.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #5 by BunterICT
I hadn't noticed this when I made my last post, but when you click the title of an article (say, from the front page), it now links to the forum posts rather than the FULL ARTICLE as it used to. Perhaps this is a change in the Kunena/Kunena Discuss code rather than an error... However, it would be nice to choose which action to perform or which portion of the site to link to. I do not see any such option in the plugin editor...

Edit #1: It does this when you click READ MORE as well...

Edit #2: It only does this to articles created AFTER updating Kunena/Kunena Discuss to 2.02...

The URL I see when I mouse over the link SHOULD take me to the full/expanded article, however after clicking it, it just goes into the forum topic. It does NOT go into the full article with in-line discussion as before but directly to Kunena.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by BunterICT.

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
We prefer one problem issue for each topic, please.

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by BunterICT
That's fair... But at this point, I'm not sure if my "issue" with Kunena Discuss is a bug or something which is by design.

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Unfortunately I do not fully understand what is the problem here. I think the two topics I merged discuss a similar, if not the same, problem but I don't have any answers. Perhaps another member of the community may like to try to respond to these questions.

@BunterICT: I made your decision easier and struck out your second, unrelated, question. Your second question about polls requires a separate discussion.

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by digitaldiy
Hello,

I'd like to use the Kunena forum to manage articles posts and have downloaded/installed the content discuss plugin.

I am experiencing an issue with the plguin; when I try to visit an article from the menu the Kunena forum topic is shown instead. Even a blog layout will redirect to the forum category for the first article listed in the blog.

How can I stop this from happening?

My versions:
Joomla v2.5.6
Kunena Forum 2.0.2
Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Are the symptoms you described similar to the ones discussed in KD 2.0 "read more" link works differently to KD 1.7 ? Yes or no, please. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds