Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Installation Error for Kunena 1.7.2 on J2.5 - Indicates previous version

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by sgower
Just to start out, I am re-installing Kunena 1.7.2 on my j2.5 so that I can import data from my phpbb3 forum.

I had Kunena 1.7.2 installed but had some issues with the first import that I was told upgrading to Kunena 2.04 may fix. It did not. I believe that I have resolved my import issues but I cannot re-install Kunena 1.7.2 to verify. It keeps indicating that I have a previous version installed. I have unistalled all of the modules and plugins along with Kunena 2.04. I have dropped all of the MySQL tables from the database but when I try to re-install Kunena 1.7.2 it still indicates that i have a previous version installed.

What do I need to do so that I can do a clean install like it was the first time???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is, in part, a continuation of the issues you have described in Migrating from phpbb3 to Kunena .

The "issues" you referred to in your earlier topic - clicking a forum topic results in breaking Te Kunena router - do not seem (to me) to be related to Kunena whether we are discussing K 1.7.2, K 2.0.4 or K 3.0. i think we are dealing with a J! 2.5.11 website that was recently migrated from J! 1.5.26, correct?

Here's the problem in a nutshell:

We do not know how successful was the migration from J! 1.5.26 to J! 2.5.11 and J! 2.5.11 may have other issues that we're unaware of. J! 2.5.14 is the currently supported stable release of Joomla..

K 1.7.2 is not supported and the K 1.7 Installation and Upgrade category - to which your specific question relates - was closed on 31 August 2012.

This leaves you with a couple of problems: trying to incorporate an unsupported version of Kunena on an existing unsupported version of Joomla in an attempt to migrate phpBB to Kunena.

I can't help you with the problems you now have as the result of attempting to downgrade from K 2.0.4 to K 1.7.2 (because we don't answer questions about unsupported versions of Kunena) but other members of the community have written much to help one another in the process of migrating from phpBB to Kunena in this forum category.

One approach may be to create a Joomla 2.5.14 site from scratch, install K 1.7.2 on it, use that site just for the purposes of migrating from phpBB to Kunena.

If you would like, we could spend a little time - one on one via Skype - discussing your overall strategy to migrate from phpBB to Kunena. If that approach sounds sensible, send me an email (include your Skype address) and we can pursue this matter offline.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by sgower
My site was built on J2.5.11 and was not upgraded from 1.5.26.

I have a old site that is built on J1.5.26 that is utilizing a phpbb3 forum. After I get the information and phpbb3 data transferred from my old J1.5 site to my new J2.5 site I will shut the J1.5 site down.

There is to much data in the forum to leaave it behind...

Thanks for the offer but I do not have sykpe set up...

I understand that K1.7.2 and K2.04 are no longer supported. I was hoping that maybe someone out there may have run into similar issues that thye could point me in the right direction...

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
There is not a lot I can do to help you. Good luck and I hope you figure out a solution.

There are hundreds of professional services that can help you to convert from one forum format to another. There is a lot less pain and much fewer problems if you pay someone to do the job for you.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds