Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrating from phpbb3 to Kunena

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by sgower
I currently have Kunena 1.7.2 installed so that I can utilize the Kunena Forum Importer version 1.7.1 to import information from my old forum built using phpbb3.

I haven't been able to successfully import my phpbb3 info into my Kunena forum. The import will hang up most times on the importing of the photos from phpbb3.

After the import when I open the new Kunena forum all of my categories are there but when I try to open a post I get a blank screen with only a "0" in the upper left hand part of the screen. Has anybody else seen this same issue? and if so what did you do to correct this?

Also is there a work around to get all of the photos posted in my phpbb3 to show up in the Kunena forum?

My new website is utilizing Joomla 2.5.11, my old website is using Joomla 1.5.26.

Please help as I need to convert over to Kunena and get away from the bridge that I am using to link the phpbb3 into my Joomla site as it is experiencing issues that will shut my site down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
We understand your problem involves J! 1.5 (which is not supported by Joomla) and K 1.7.2 and the Kunena Importer component.

J! 1.5.26 is not supported by Joomla and if people have problems using that version of Joomla then they need to consider other options such as upgrading to J! 2.5 or J! 3.x. The problems for users of Kunena is that, although K 1.7.2 will install on J! 2.5, K 1.7.2 cannot be installed on J! 3.x.

K 1.7.2 is available for download on an "as is" basis; there is no support offered for that version by the Kunena team. People may use K 1.7.2 and Kunena Importer if it helps to migrate other forums to Kunena. It is regrettable that Kunena Importer has not been updated to work with the latest versions of Kunena but the team is currently focused on other priorities at this time. It is hoped that a new version of Kunena Importer will become available in the future but I cannot give you an indication of when that will be.

The advice printed at the top of this page is:

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

It is important for people to understand that this category exists as a "self-help" area for people to share information about how they may be able to solve these kinds of forum migration/conversion issues. We understand that your old phpBB forum may be important to you and that you would like to resolve this matters quickly but you should also know that forum migration/conversion is not an easy-to-solve matter. Depending on how important you need to transfer the contents of your phpBB forum, you may decide that you could pay someone to do the conversion for you or you may choose to abandon your old forum and start again. Perhaps it might be useful to read a few of my own thoughts on this subject in I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... .

I do not know if what I have written above is helpful to you, or not. I am only trying to give you the facts in relation to the current situation with J! 1.5, K 1.7 and Kunena Importer and the fact that, at the moment, we do not have a simple, "one mouse-click conversion" feature to migrate phpBB to Kunena.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by sgower
Thanks for the insight. The reason I am using Kunena 1.7.2 is so that I can utilize the importer to transfer my data out of the phpbb3 that my old 1.5.26 site is using. I plan on upgrading the Kunena forum to the latest version once complete.

I have finally succeeded transferring that data without any errors but I still have the issue that when I try to open a post all I get is a zero in the upper left corner of the screen.

Are there any suggestions to work around this?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

sgower wrote: ... when I try to open a post all I get is a zero in the upper left corner of the screen.

Are there any suggestions to work around this?

I have never seen a "zero in the upper left corner of the screen" problem before. What does it look like? Can we see this for ourselves if we go to your forum? Maybe this problem is has its roots in the way that you have installed Kunena on your site or maybe it's caused by something else. Does this problem disappear if you upgrade to K 2.0.4? Does the problem disappear if you migrate to J!2.5?

I don't know what we can do to help you with a problem that may or may not be caused by an unsupported version of Kunena. Please note that support for K 1.7 stopped 12 months ago and that support for K 2.0 will stop in 10 days from now.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by sgower
The Kunena 1.7.2 is installed on J2.5. I have not yet upgraded to the next level of Kunena. I will try this today to see if trying to call up a post works fine.

I set up test user:

Login: test
password: test123

You will see the zero in the upper left hand corner when you try to open a post.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sgower.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by sgower
Here is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_venture | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: May 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

More
10 years 6 months ago #7 by marijone
There is a tool called cms2cms which can migrate your content from phpbb to kunena.

More
10 years 6 months ago #8 by Jiminimonka

marijone wrote: There is a tool called cms2cms which can migrate your content from phpbb to kunena.

That is an option, but it can be done for FREE by the majority of people if they use the migration tools and a bit of mySQL.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 6 months ago #9 by sozzled
Hmm, interesting: www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/phpbb-to-joomla-kunena-migration :)

For those who want the job done in a hurry and, assuming it actually works, $29 doesn't sound like a lot of money for this solution. Good find.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds