- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.6 [K 6.0.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This is a security release.
Question "Cannot create directory"
Does this help?
You could, for example, search this forum for topics that have the words "cannot create directory" in them and look at the advice that we have given in the past. You could, however, save yourself all this trouble and start again, build your website from the beginning. It all depends on how much time you want to spend trying to patch things up.
The image you showed us relates to an error relating to "Cannot create directory" (in Spanish). I do not know what you mean by "something supporting the BD". Could you please tell us the exact message about this "BD" thing? A screenshot of the message would help.
bsbjany wrote: I uninstalled Kunena, and I deleted the tables concerning Kunena of my database, as well as the corresponding folders in my ftp, now I want to reinstall, and I get something like supporting the BD
I assume you are still talking about the problem being able to create a directory, yes? Or are you talking about the "BD" problem?
bsbjany wrote: I tried to uninstall because, when I install Kunena, I have some problem ...
In my earlier reply to you I gave your a list of other topics that relate questions about "cannot create directory". The most common reason that you cannot create a directory is because you have unusual or different permissions on your site folders and/or files. Have you read Securing Kunena ?
There are a few things you can try:
(1) Revert to the backup of your site that you made before your first attempt to install Kunena failed, and review the information in K 2.0 Installation Guide
(2) Ensure that all your folders and files in your site are given the same permissions throughout. This means that all folders should be set with CHMOD=755 and all files should be set with CHMOD=644 (as recommended in Securing Kunena - these recommendations are based on Joomla's recommendations) and that all folders and files are owned by the same user as the root folder.
(3) bsbjany wrote:
Kunena is a Joomla component and therefore it should open in the area reserved in your Joomla template for a component. I do not understand what you mean by the forum opening in the "content area". Where else did you want it to open?
... but the forum always opened in the content area
(4) We do not know anything else about your website. We could go on discussing ways to patch this problem or you could save yourself a lot of time by starting again. It all depends on how much time you have already spent on building your website. It takes less than one hour to create a Joomla website from scratch, install Kunena and have it working without making a single change to it, as long as there are no other issues involving things like folder or file permissions or other factors that are caused by your hosted environment.
You have still not answered my question about what you meant in msg #1 by "something like supporting the BD". It may help to know what this "something" is that you mentioned.
We can continue to explore other ideas and suggestions for as long as you have the time to discuss them. On the other hand (and depending on how quickly you want these matters resolved) you could try (a) restoring your site from the last known good backup that you took before you began having problems, (b) starting all over again, or (c) consider obtaining professional help, at your own cost, to assist you.
I hope this helps. You have some important decisions to make: Which comes first? Everything else on your site ... or the forum?
Any Windows versions that i Know not hide... also mac and other likes linux are welcome. Only one version to all...
you could arrange a selection of images saved on your computer by developing directories with significant titles.You can make a listing or listing in Windows XP anywhere on your pc's disk drive, but it is common to make directories in the My Documents listing so that it is memorable where they are.Thanks a lot!!
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.