Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 1.7 → K 2.0 upgrade fails with "cannot create directory" message

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by svherpen
Hi, I'm having trouble in getting the update installed.
First of all I had to make several write permission changes to several folders (like the /components /modules and so on) to get the version 2.0 on my server at all using the Joomla extension installer. At a certain point it succeeded, but then during the actual install it fails... :-(

Then when I go to the admin menu and click on components->kunena forum, it nicely displays a page where it says that the install was interupted and the option to upgrade from 1.7.1 to 2.0.1
The first steps go okay, but when it comes to the installation of plugins, it fails again with a message that it cannot create a directory.

Can you guys please help me in telling what the proper permissions should be and on what directories these should be applied. I'm now really stuck.

Note: I'm upgrading my site from Joomla 1.5 -> 2.5 using Jupgrade. So far I got the site running, but now I'm struggling with various components (amongs Kunena is one of them). But I'm still in test mode, so no panic... yet ;-)

Regards,
Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled

svherpen wrote: Can you guys please help me in telling what the proper permissions should be and on what directories these should be applied.

The recommendation from Joomla is that all your folders should have the same permissions as one another and all your files should have the same permissions as one another. See Securing Kunena . I hope this helps.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by svherpen
That doesn't really help me, I have used the default setting during the upgrade of Joomla to 2.5 which is 755 for directories and 644 for file.

But can tell which directories the Kunena installer wants to update? That should be relatively easy to find out?

Or is another alternative to perform a clean installation and then migrate the data from the old tables to the new tables? Is their structure/layout the same?

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Perhaps a clean installation of Joomla and Kunena is the answer. The other issue, too, is file ownership: folders and files (in an Apache environment) should be owned by Apache:Apache. Sometimes this is a webhosting issue and you may need to contact your webhost for advice.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by svherpen
Well, I finally managed to get the component installed on my upgraded Joomla environment.
It could not be done using the direct upgrade method, I kept running permission errors during the installation. Keep in mind that I upgraded my Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 using Jupgrade (which migth have caused invalid directory permissions for the Kunena installer).

So I decided to setup a new webspace using my providers tool to setup a clean Joomla 2.5 site.
There I could without any problem (!) install the latest Kunena forum.

Then I copied the new Kunena folders (admin, component, media, plugins) to my upgraded site. Imported the old Kunena tables and then Kunena was able to complete the "upgrade".

Then my categories/topics where not visible, I noticed that the catergory permission groups were missing in the upgraded install (which were visible in the fresh install).

Run the Joomla discover new extensions in the admin backend, which <to my surprise> found all the Kunena plugins. Installed them via the normal Joomla way and then the category permissions could be set in the upgraded Kunena installation.

All in all some kind of pooking around, but I'm lucky I got to the point where I succeeded.

What's left now is to create a Joomla menu for Kunena, I did this but it is not visible in the Kunena forum tabs ....:-(
I think I saw a post relating this topic, so it must be doable...

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds