Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Joomla/Kunena upgrade

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by swerls
Joomla/Kunena upgrade was created by swerls
I upgraded joomla to 2.5, and on the front end everything appeared normal. In the backend I realized my Kunena component was gone. So what I did was download the latest version of Kunena, I was told that you could reinstall it and not lose any of the data. Well, I reinstalled it, but unfortunately it didn't gather the data from my pre existing forum that is on the website. So even if I were to do it I would lose all the information on the website. Do you know any way to try and import the data somehow to the current version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Joomla/Kunena upgrade
Hello,

From which Kunena version did you upgraded ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by swerls
Replied by swerls on topic Joomla/Kunena upgrade
Alright, I used jUpgrade to upgrade my site from 1.5 to 2.5. Disregard the first post. It didn't really do anything on the front end so I have to redo it. It did not transfer kunena over all all from what I see. Kunena was at version 1.6 on my old site, and I installed the latest version on my 2.5 site. Now what I need to do is migrate the kunena tables over from what I have read, but I am having some trouble figuring out how to do this.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Joomla/Kunena upgrade
Remove Kunena 2 from your new site, install Kunena 1.6, then port over your Kunena database and upgrade to Kunena 2.0.4.

Trying to manually change the Kunena database from 1.6 to Kunena 2 would be a very long process. The upgrade from 1.6 to 2 would do it for you in a few seconds.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5 by swerls
Is there a place with directions on how to port over the kunena database?

More
11 years 2 months ago #6 by swerls
Also I cannot install kunena 1.6 without errors on joomla 2.0.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #7 by TKtemp
Replied by TKtemp on topic Joomla/Kunena upgrade
Hi,

I would upgrade Kunena 1.6 to Kunena 2.0.4 (NOT Kunena 2.0.3) on Joomla 1.5 site (BACKUP FIRST), then install Kunena 2.0.4 on Joomla 2.5 site.

After that use PHPMyAdmin to export and import tables from J1.5 (K 2.0.4) to J2.5 (K 2.0.4)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by TKtemp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swerls

More
11 years 2 months ago #8 by swerls
Okay, this is what I have done, I am SO close. I upgraded my site to 1.5.26 so I could upgrade kunena. I upgraded kunena. Then I ran jupgrade that did it's thing. I have to reinstall kunena on the jupgrade site which is fine because it keeps all of the data.

It's awesome, it keeps the same layout, and it carries over the forum posts. However, when I log in I get an error message or if I click on a post. Do you know what the issue could be? Here is the link. flexus.com/main/jupgrade/index.php/forum-105

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #9 by skybax
Replied by skybax on topic Joomla/Kunena upgrade
@swerls i just had a look at you forum and i can read all messages without any problems!

in case that you consider that the top menu disappearing is a bug it isn't! in Menu Item Manager: [mainmenu] rename the Alias for the forum link to something else ... "forum2" for example and see if this solves your problem
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by skybax.

More
11 years 2 months ago #10 by swerls
I fixed it, it was the theme I was using. What a pain!

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds