Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Lost topics after upgrade from K 1.7 to K 2.0.3

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by stellabella
hi there,

after a problem with my upgrade from 1.7 to 2.0.3 going horrible wrong. topics disappeared, which i have read is a known issue, unfortunately i didn't back up the site before the upgrade.

then i uninstalled and tried to install the older version with problems once more. after an installation failure it asked me if i wanted to go backwards or delete the old info. i chose the yellow button which was to downgrade. during the installation process i received the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /mywebsite.com/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/user.php on line 185

ready to rip my hair out, can someone please help me go back to before i made the upgrade. or how i can reinstall the 1.7.2 kunena version and go back to happier days.

cheers
stella.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

stellabella wrote: After a problem with my upgrade from 1.7 to 2.0.3 going horrible wrong. topics disappeared, which i have read is a known issue, unfortunately i didn't back up the site before the upgrade.

Unfortunately, that is correct. You cannot go back (unless you have a backup of your site). This point is clearly marked in the release notes .

Installing K 1.7.2 against a K 2.0.3 database is not going to work. There are structural differences in the database and these are what are causing the fatal error that you mentioned.

There are other ways you can fix your problem. These are discussed in Kunena 2.0.3 known issues . This is the easiest way to fix your problem.

K 2.0.3 is not supported. This problem that you describe is one of the main reasons why K 2.0.3 needed to be replaced. K 2.0.4 is the replacement and it fixes the problem when people upgraded from K 1.7.2, however, upgrading to K 2.0.4 (while it will restore your site) will not necessarily cure the problem of "missing topics".
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stellabella

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by stellabella
hi sozzled,

thanx for your answer, however i was unable to find the solution with that link on how to view my old topics from old version to appear back onto my website. looking at the database i can see the info is not lost.

are you able to point me in the right direction ?

cheers
frazzled !

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #4 by stellabella
hi sozzled aka michael,

thank you for your help with my issue, your assistance is greatly appreciated and this forum is lucky to have this level of support from one of its moderators.

i'm on joomla 2.5.8, with current kunena version 2.0.4 after a disaster upgrade from K 1.7 to K 2.0.3. all my forum posts and replies had disappeared.

for any of you out there who share my problem, these are the steps i took to resolve this issue.

1. backed up my site

2. Go to phpMyAdmin or similar tool and run the following SQL code from below (change both jos_ prefixes in the database field names to your own Joomla! database prefix):

INNER JOIN (
SELECT thread, MIN(hold) AS hold FROM jos_kunena_messages WHERE hold IN (0,1) GROUP BY thread
) AS c ON tt.id=c.thread
SET tt.hold = c.hold
WHERE tt.moved_id=0

after this was completed i found that all my posts were reinstated however had no replies and the date went back to 43 years ago. also had permission problems. to fix this;

1. go to joomla admin, kunena panel, forum tools and "recount statistics". tick all 4 options and go.

2. in forum tools, sync users.

3. update the kunena template by making the new one the default. (this may not apply to all users.)

this fixed all my issues and my forum has now been restored.

cheers,
stella.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by stellabella.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds