Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question K 2.0.3: Login redirects back to Home page

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by Robbie8
Hi,
I am after some advice if possible.

When I log into the Kunena Login box which is at the top of Forum page, it redirects the logged in user off the Forum page and back to the Home Page.

Does anyone have any idea how I can stop this happening, or to work around it - its driving me crazy.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Rob :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I'm not sure if I know the answer - I'm fairly sure the question has been asked before - but it may help if you watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 .

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by Robbie8
Thanks for responding.

Did you add the right video, as the one I saw shows how to add diagnostic information to a forum post?

If it's not possible to do what I asked, is there a way to remove the default login/ password box. I could then add another providers login module which does not redirect off the page.

Thanks

Rob

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by Robbie8
Hi
I have read the forum post
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...after-login?start=10
This suggests that Firefox is the issue and indeed other browsers dont redirect as you suggest -- HOWEVER ..

I have tried your module on the page, and that does the same thing - redirects to Home Page in the Firefox (FF) browser.

BUT ..

I added the sclogin module provided by sourcecoast to test an alternative, and when logging in with that one, it does not redirect in FF - therefore it suggests that there is a correction for code running in FF.

Please let me know your recommendations on how we should proceed here - obviously I would prefer the correction to the code for an FF browser.

Thanks

Rob :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
My recommendation is that you add the diagnostic information to this topic (as shown in the video) so that we have a better understanding of your site and, knowing that information, we may be able to help you better. Thank you.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #6 by Robbie8
Hi
I want to paste the info into here, but its shows the confidential stuff when I try - is there an email address I can send it to, or a PM that I can use
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Robbie8. Reason: Confidential Info was visible - when I pasted

More
10 years 1 month ago #7 by Robbie8
One further point to note is that when I log into this forum ( www.kunena.org ) using Firefox, it also routes me to your home page today - this has nothing to do with versions of Kunena as I am convinced that you will be using K.3.0.5 here

Thanks for your support

Rob

More
10 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you for posting part of your configuration report. The part of the configuration report that you posted shows clearly that you are using K 2.0.3. As you probably know, K 2.0.3 was released in November 2012 and this version is obsolete. We do not discuss issues on this forum concerning obsolete software.

Our advice, for people who use out-of-date or obsolete software, is to consider updating the software components used on their websites.

For your information, the part of the configuration report that you posted shows that your website appears to meet the minimum technical requirements needed to upgrade to K 3.0.5 (currently, the latest version of Kunena).

*** Topic moved ***

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled

Robbie8 wrote: I want to paste the info into here, but its shows the confidential stuff when I try - is there an email address I can send it to, or a PM that I can use

If you paste the output from the configuration report generator, as shown in the video (and this method is used by all other members of the community who use this forum), then only you and the forum moderators on this forum will be able to read that information. The configuration report uses Kunena BBcode .

Robbie8 wrote: One further point to note is that when I log into this forum ( www.kunena.org ) using Firefox, it also routes me to your home page today - this has nothing to do with versions of Kunena as I am convinced that you will be using K.3.0.5 here ...

This does not happen for me. I tried this using several different PCs, running different versions of Microsoft Windows with FireFox 27.0.1, and when I login/logout using the form at the top of this page the page was not redirected. I do not know how this page redirection behaviour could happen here at www.kunena.org , sorry, because I cannot reproduce it.

Perhaps the question is more related to version of Firefox that you are using and the operating system that you running it from?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds