Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Possible to prevent some users from creating threads?

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by rpbancroft
Hey everyone!

My first post here! Yay! Pretty excited to explore Kunena more deeply!

First of all, I'm running Community Builder 1.9 and CB Subs 3.0. I figure that'll play into this somehow.

I searched around the forum and internet and couldn't find anything on this, so I thought I'd ask. I just received a request from my client for the ability to prevent users in a certain subscription level, or perhaps user group, from being able to create threads. They want these users to be able to view the forum, and post in existing topics, but want to restrict them from creating new threads.

Is Kunena capable of doing this? Or are their any extensions that would facilitate it?

I really appreciate your help! Thanks so much!

~Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Hi Ryan welcome,
You can do this with creating some groups in the joomla acl. Then you can set the categories, who can read or write. See the documentation - istallation.

Regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: rpbancroft

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by rpbancroft
Awesome, I really appreciate the information! I'll need to get much more comfy with Joomla's ACL it looks like. :)

I know it's kind of a side question, but do you know of any good free tools for managing the ACL? A quick search only turned up a paid solution, which looks like it's super high quality, but I'm curious about open source methods currently.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

~Ryan

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

rpbancroft wrote: Do you know of any good free tools for managing the ACL?

Sorry - free or otherwise - most of us learn about Joomla ACL by researching the Joomla Wiki documentation site. It doesn't take too long to get the hang of it. ACL management is mostly GUI-driven (point and click), anyway.

A quick (5-minute) tutorial that may help is here: Allow only specified users to view/post (private part of forum) .
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by rpbancroft
That's kind of what I figured. No worries on that account; I'm always ready to do some more self teaching, especially about something as powerful and versatile as the ACL. :)

Thanks for the quick tutorial, sozzled. I'll dig in as soon as I can.

I appreciate your quick response.

~Ryan

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds