Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Solved How to control Kunena module display in categories?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1 by cowcowcow
Hi Guys,

Sorry I posted it in the wrong category earlier, I have since updated to K 2.0.

************************** Inserted by forum moderator ***************************
The original topic (for people who have no idea what we were discussing) was
How to control kunena module display in sub-forums? .
This is a continuation of the earlier discussion.
************************** End of insertion by moderator **************************

This was my original question!

I recently set up a new portal for my site, which I have managed to base the modules I want to be displayed around a "MAIN Menu". Everything works fine, except for the Kunena section and when i try to read the sub-forums or an individual thread.

*** URL removed at user's request ***

The moment I click on the categories it loses all menu structure and the modules attached. For example in that "Malaysian" link when I click on general chat it takes me to

And I lose all the modules around it. Do you have any suggestions how I can incorporate Kunena into my site across different portals?

Thanks so much.
(Im using the advanced modules mod to control mods and it works fantastically)

PS TKtemp in the other thread suggested this

If you want to do this you need to create menu structure in Joomla (Kunena) menu in the way to assign unique id for every category.

Do you mean creating a hidden menu in Joomla, then using alias to assign every individual category? Seems easy enough, as I only have a few categories. Is that what you meant? Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2 by cowcowcow
sozzled, could you kindly help me delete my old thread here? Sorry, I don't think PM is enabled on the site or I would have PMed you.
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...isplay-in-sub-forums

I can't edit the URLs out anymore since that thread is closed. i want to remove all the urls from my posts so my site doesn't look amateurish if i pop up in a search engine asking for questions! (I can edit the url of thie above post out later as its not closed)

Also kindly delete *this* post too after you read it! thanks :)
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by cowcowcow.

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by TKtemp

Do you mean creating a hidden menu in Joomla, then using alias to assign every individual category? Seems easy enough, as I only have a few categories. Is that what you meant?

Yes, using of alias is not important, important is that you have menu item for every single category, then you can assign modules to that items.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cowcowcow

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by cowcowcow
the topics are totally ignoring the module placements on them. I do not know why.

someone please help!

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
From the sounds of what you've written your customised menu solution was not 100% satisfactory?

cowcowcow wrote: ... the topics are totally ignoring the module placements on them ... *** URL removed at user's request *** is good until you click on a topic :(

How specifically are this "messed up"? I visited your site and I didn't notice any problems. Maybe I'm as blind as a bat or I was looking in the wrong places? :unsure:

On the other matter relating to deleting messages on the forum, we take a different opinion and we would prefer to leave those messages there because some information may be helpful to other members of the community.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6 by cowcowcow

sozzled wrote: From the sounds of what you've written your customised menu solution was not 100% satisfactory?

*** URL removed at user's request *** is good until you click on a topic, then the logos at the top get messed up. i wish i found that link you just gave me earlier lol.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #7 by cowcowcow
TKtemp do you have any suggestions?

The method works fine just like said it would... until i click on an individual forum topic title. It loses the customisation after that.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
As for what we keep and what we delete on this forum, that is for us to decide. Your topic about K 1.7 served as an important signpost to others looking for help in this area. Update to K 2.0 and we can help; ask about K 1.7 and we cannot help. That's why your old topic was retained and for any other information that may assist someone else in the future. ;)

I understand the issue you're confronted with as far as having different banners at the top of your pages. This can be achieved. I mean to say, I'm sure that I have seen it done before. If you search this forum going back over a year, there was a topic with a reply by fxstein involving something to do with "multiple forums" or something like that. The trouble is that I cannot now remember exactly where we've discussed this before.

I suspect the solution lies in having different Joomla site templates that correspond to your categories.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #9 by modernmagic
mistake

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by modernmagic.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #10 by cowcowcow

sozzled wrote: Your topic about K 1.7 served as an important signpost to others looking for help in this area. Update to K 2.0 and we can help; ask about K 1.7 and we cannot help.

I totally understand this. Thats why i said fine, leave the post. But please remove my URL so it does not reflect badly on my site. I would have removed the URL myself if i could like what i normally do. But i cant edit posts in closed threads thats why i cant edit it out myself.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by cowcowcow.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds