Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question How to show the user group at the post profile?

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by me.lina
Hi, I really would like to show the user group of each user next to his post. I mean between his Name and his Avatar. How can I do this?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
User Groups ... hmmm ... meaningless in J! 2.5.

Possible in J! 1.5. Therefore it depends on what we're discussing here.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #3 by me.lina
We're talking about Joomla 2.5
I also made a little picture, to demonstrate it better:

and if I could use pictures instead of just text would be great. I think I have to handle this in the code itself, but that's a little bit too difficult for me and I didn't find the right solution by googleing.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by me.lina.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is an interesting topic - in part because it was also one of the first questions that i asked here on this forum several years ago and, in part, because I am not sure what happens on J! 2.5 with K 2.0 because I have not personally tested this. In the days of K 1.7, I would have replied with an answer as I wrote in Joomla user group not updating in Kunena - please help . The analog for the the setting in K 2.0 is

Forum configuration » Extras » Userlist » Show User Type = Yes

Try it and see if it works.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by me.lina
great idea, but not really the solution :/ it shows a title, but not the title of the Usergroup, just if the User is a "User" or a "Moderator", "Supermoderator",... like it's set in the special rank. I know, I could create special ranks now and name them like my user groups, but then I have to change the level of each user each time manually and that's too much work.

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
As I mentioned earlier, the concept of user types (as we understood the term in J! 1.5) is somewhat foreign to J! 2.5. We've had this kind of discussion before where people have asked questions like "I would define my own user types, based on Joomla ACL user groups, and then display this information on the forum." The fact of the matter is that Kunena has not fully embraced this idea and the functionality to deliver it does not exist in K 2.0.

This, perhaps, is one of the last few areas of total compliance with J! 2.5.

Unless someone else in the community has a solution to your problem I have nothing else I can add to what I have written.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by me.lina
Okay, it's a pity but I can't change it at the moment. Hopefully someone will find a solution soon.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds