Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Joomla user group not updating in Kunena - Help please

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by oceanborn82
I couldn't find anything on this (I may be blind)

I have just got a new team member onto my site. I use the rank author in joomla for my team, they can see forum categories registered cannot. I have joomla 2.5 and Kunena 1.7. I've changed some usergroups on joomla. Some to registered and some to author (so they can see the categories) but they don't seem to be updating in Kunena. Kunena still lists the user I upgraded to author as registered.

I tried the forum user cache etc but still nothing. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by oceanborn82
Edit: They change in joomla fine just checked, so it's an issue with Kunena linking to joomla users for some reason :(

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by John
Kunena has a sync funtion in the backend, try to delete the usercache.

edit: .....note to myself: try reading before posting John....

Have you tried cleaning Joomla cache, logging yourself off and in?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by John.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by oceanborn82
Yeah I tried both :S

Just very weird, usually it's instant when I've altered usergroups they changed in Kunena.

As mentioned they are changing in Joomla (changed a test account to editor and refreshed, I got front end editor option ie joomla change works) but I can't understand why not changing in the forum..

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by oceanborn82
Aha I've just noticed something else.. All newer accounts are having no usertype assigned to them at all.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by oceanborn82
An image of what I mean

Newer registrations not given a usertype

It's like the forum just stopped communicating properly with joomla users.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by oceanborn82
Never mind.. just found out Joomla 2.5 does not use the usertype feature anymore. Hence the blank areas.
The member I upgraded to author who told me he could not see secret forum categories was having a blonde day and they were there all along.

Sorry for wasting peoples time

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
K 1.7.2 does not detect the more "advanced" Joomla user types (i.e those you may set up in J! 2.5.x, for example) when producing the user list.

My suggestion is to remove the user type from the list. Use the configuration setting:

Forum configuration » Plug-ins » Userlist » Show User Type = No

Simple, easy, clean, effective. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by fahima

sozzled wrote: K 1.7.2 does not detect the more "advanced" Joomla user types (i.e those you may set up in J! 2.5.x, for example) when producing the user list.

My suggestion is to remove the user type from the list. Use the configuration setting:

Forum configuration » Plug-ins » Userlist » Show User Type = No

Simple, easy, clean, effective. ;)

I already tried that configuration, but problem still exists :(
Do you have any other suggestions?

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by Matias
Issue is probably in your template. Try if changing to default template helps. If it does, you need to contact the author of the template to fix the issue.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds