Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question When trying to view content with access level "Registered" I am redirected to Kunena Index

More
14 years 1 week ago #133531 by kevinkos
Ok, thanks any way. I used Kunena menu first, but with the same problem. Therefore I tried to use Joomla users menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #133533 by kevinkos
But could anybody tell me the difference between a Kunena menu and a Joomla menu, if I have exactly the same menu items created in it??? I have read the Wiki and tried to figure out, but with no luck. Remember that I have a multilingual site, and I have anyhow to have two Kunena menus. I do not really understand your point here now, please explain!

I understand the usage of Kunena login module, but I do not want people to be redirected to that one. My site is for a Wine club, and when members are logging in they should be re-directed to a frontpage for members, not to the forum. Therefore I have to use joomla login module. But I do not really see the difference here now between Kunena menu and Joomla menu?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #133558 by sozzled
The Kunena menu is a Joomla menu. There is no difference between the Kunena menu and a Joomla menu because the Kunena menu is a Joomla menu. The difference between the standard Kunena menu and your menu is that the Kunena menu has been tested and we know that it works.

kevinkos wrote:

When I have content articles with access level "Registered" everything is OK ... but when switching to second language I am always redirected to Kunena Index page. This issue only appears for "com_content", not for other components.

The key word is "redirected". Redirection (sometimes called routing) is dependent on a few things, e.g. whether a view exists or whether a menu item exists. We know that the "forum index" view exists - it's built into Kunena. The question is what have you done within your Joomla setup to take people to this particular view? This seems suggests to me that there's something involving a menu item.

This is a community-driven self-help forum to help people with problems involving Kunena. I do not understand how your problem relates to Kunena because you have not really provided us with information that helps us to reproduce your problem. You have not shown us the exact steps that show us where, on your website, we can do the same as you to see the problem that you see.

Is there something wrong with the Kunena forum component on your website?

I do not know if or where you may be using the Kunena Login module, because I cannot access your forum, but if you are not using this module then you would be wise to uninstall it. The same thing applies, too, to Kunena Latest, Kunena Stats and Kunena Search.

We cannot, ourselves, access your forum and therefore we do not know the answers to the questions I have asked. Maybe your problem is because you have a multilingual site? :dry: I am not an expert on setting up multilingual sites. Perhaps there's an expert on multilingual sites who can show you what to do?
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds