Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Topic count not working

More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Topic Count Not Working
Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry I overlooked what was apparently fairly obvious.

I don't have any ideas either.

Perhaps your configuration report might give us some clues as to what you've done. You could try re-installing K 2.0.2 (you won't lose any configuration information or messages posted) any you could try using the Recount Statistics feature in the backend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #12 by Kona Pete
Replied by Kona Pete on topic Topic Count Not Working
I have the same problem. The category shows zero topics, even though there are topics in the category.

Here is my config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 1000M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_versatility_ii_sienna_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.1 | creationdate: 08/01/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 5 months ago #13 by askkermit
Replied by askkermit on topic Topic Count Not Working
I ended up re installing Kenuna over existing installation. It fixed my count errors. I would recommend doing this.

More
11 years 5 months ago #14 by Kona Pete
Hi askkermit,

Yeah, I already tried that, to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion.

More
11 years 5 months ago #15 by Kona Pete
OK, I figured out that my Topic Count had been reset to zero when I installed the new version of Kunena. To reset the Topic Count, go to Forum Tools/Recount Statistics.

Everything is back to normal now.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #16 by sumawelt
Replied by sumawelt on topic Topic Count not working
On the index page of my forum new topics are not being counted when a post was subject to moderation by an admin or a moderator and is being approved. We have set up our forum that new members will have to have their first 3 post to be approved by a moderator before it is published.
If someone has more than this number of posts and their posts are not subject to moderation, their topics are countet correctly.
The problem can be fixed by clicking the "recount statistics" button in the forum tolls in backend, but as soon an admin approves another topic it is again not being counted.
Is this by design or is it a bug?
To ensure that this is not installation specific I installed a new vanilla Joomla 2.5.8 with kunena 2.0.2 on a brandnew vserver. No other extension installed. Same problem.
Here's my config:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sumawelt. Reason: beginning of my post got lost somehow...

More
11 years 5 months ago #17 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Topic count not working
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, sumawell, and welcome to Kunena.

I quickly searched the forum for other topics that had the words "topic count" in them and merged them into one topic for you. I hope that, by merging these topics and creating a single topic from them, we will be able to help you and several other people who are also interested in this issue.

There is another topic related to this matter - Moving existing post to new topic does not update count - but it seems that the person who started that topic no longer has any interest in following it up. This is a bit of a shame because we really can't progress these things without the help of the community to feed back regularly with any new information they have discovered.

As we've seen before, the problem had been reported as "fixed" by using the Recount Statistics facility. Based in sumawell's information, however, using Recount Statistics only seems to have provided temporary relief from what seems to be a recurring problem. It's in that area that we need to examine what is happening and determine how to remove the nuisance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sumawelt

More
11 years 4 months ago #18 by sumawelt
Replied by sumawelt on topic Topic count not working
Is there probably a way to trigger the "recount statistics" function via a cron job? This would, at least temporarily, help me. I could then trigger it every 10 minutes or so.

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds