Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Topic count not working

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by baileyd12345
THIS CAN BE DELETED - I FOUND THE RECOUNT STATISTIC TAB!!!!!!
Sorry

Hi Folks, not sure if I've done something wrong when upgrading.

Basically the topic and reply counts are all now showing as zero.

The actual topics and replies have migrated fine so the content is all still there.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

David
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by baileyd12345.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by twilliams81
Please see the attached image so that you can see what I am referring to.

Also, here is my configuration report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2000M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_entropy_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: November 11, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
How did you manage to install Kunena 2.0 into Joomla 1.7.3? It should not be possible. :)

First I would upgrade Joomla to 2.5.6, Kunena to 2.0.1 and JomSocial to the latest version. Then I would find out if your template has a new version of it.

After that I would recount all categories and see if the problem persists.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by twilliams81
I'm not sure how or why the system let me upgrade to those versions but it did and the upgrade actually went smoothly. Upgrading Joomla and Kunena together ended up fixing the issue. Thanks!

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by browny
Replied by browny on topic Topic Count not working
Hi, I am very new to both Joomla and Kunena forums, so please forgive me if I'm doing something stupid. I have gone through both joomla and kunena settings and cannot get the count on the topics on the index page to work. If a superuser adds a topic, the topic is counted, but if a normal registered user posts a topic, the topic count does not update. The replies update for all users. Any help and advice gratefully received.

I would post my configuration file, but not sure how to do it even after reading instructions :unsure:

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by san65
Hello,

For one particular category, the topic count continues to show zero, though there are 3 topics that have been published in that category. Is there some setting that I may have overlooked which may be causing this? For all other categories, the topic number appears to be correctly updating.

Any tips on why this may be happening and the solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Like hunting for a needle in a haystack. Would you like to give us a few clues as to where this happens and how we can see this for ourselves? It might help to read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #8 by askkermit
Replied by askkermit on topic Topic Count Not Working
Hello,

I am having issues with the Kenuna forum topic counts on the index page. I have it set up so that a moderator must approve the post before it can be posted. When the post is approved and viewable to all users, the topic still reads zero. However, the replies count works just fine. I have just installed the latest version of kunena, so I am not sure where to even start. Below is a link to the index of the forum to view the issue. Thanks for your help! - Jon

www.askkermit.org/index.php/forum/index
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by askkermit.

More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Topic Count Not Working
G'day, Jon, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm having some difficulty understanding the problem that you seem to be having. What, specifically is not working? Which column of data is the "topic count" that remains statically at zero? I looked at your site and I do not see anything wrong (from my limited perspective).

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by askkermit
Replied by askkermit on topic Topic Count Not Working
Thanks for your quick response. If you go to my forum index page listed above, there is the category named alternative energy. The "topics" counter on the index page remains zero when new topics are added. If you click on alternative energy, there are two topics that have been posted. However, the counter on the index page does not reflect this.

It is currently like this for all my topics/categories. Not sure what happen to stop the counter from working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds