Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Solved] K 2.0.3 - cannot create a new topic.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks, when trying to create a new topic I get the message "You do not have permissions to start a new topic!"

I have set to YES the "Only Registered Users" in the "Secutiry" tab.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by iLucato.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Did you search the forum for "You do not have permissions to start a new topic" :dry:

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by iLucato
Yes an found you have posted that:

You need to have one category created and published. It's all explained in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1).

I have all categories created and published and still get the same message.

See all categories published here

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Your link is unhelpful to us. "Only community members can participate in this forum. You must register or log in to contribute."

We're not getting anywhere here, are we? :(

More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by iLucato
I'm sorry, try again.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
Perhaps, if we saw how - a screen shot - you have set up one of your categories, this may explain why you get the message "You do not have permissions to start a new topic!".

These things are managed with the Permissions tab in the Kunena Category Manager. Did you see Simple forum setup instructions .
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by iLucato
Don't you have a private message here or e-mail that I can send you a ADM user/login to the back-end, so you can give it a look if you don't mind.

More
11 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled

iLucato wrote: Don't you have a private message here ...?

If you subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena you would have been notified, by email, about Changes at www.kunena.org

We do not have a PM facility here any more. Even if we did have a PM facility, it's not the job of the forum moderation team to fix people's problems. This is a self-help community-driven forum. Our job here is to point people in the right place where they can find the answers.

By helping people to find the answers, other people (in the same situation as you) will also learn what they should do.

I asked you to provide us with a screen shot (an image) showing us how you have set up one of your categories. If you don't want to do that, that's OK. We're trying to help you to help yourself.

Did you read Simple forum setup instructions ?

The reason you are having problems is because you have not set up your forum categories to allow people to post topics. When you look at your forum categories I am fairly sure that you will see what you need to do.

More
11 years 4 months ago #9 by iLucato
I understand your point and agree with that by helping people to find the answers, other people (in the same situation as you) will also learn what they should do.

At any moment I said you I don't want to put a screenshot here, I just thought to send you a admin access so you would see more things/options than shown in a single screenshot. But as you said, other people can be on the same boat, so as soon as I get the screen shot I'll post here.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled

iLucato wrote: I don't want to put a screenshot here ...

That's your choice and we respect that. B)

iLucato wrote: ... I just thought to send you a admin access so you would see more things/options than shown in a single screenshot.

I am not the only person who may be able to help you. Even if I had all the time in the world investigate your site (and I don't have that luxury), I would not be as efficient as you could be in solving your problem as you because I am not as intimately versed in what you're really trying to do. I do not know why you set your forum category permissions in the way that you did. These days I try to avoid digging around someone else's website. If that's what you want me to do then you may send me an email. Please note: I charge money for using my personal time to do this problem analysis work.

As we have said on numerous occasions, this is a community-driven, self-help forum. Our task (as forum moderators) is to point people to where there is information that will assist them; our task is not necessarily to fix someone's broken website.

I asked if you had seen Simple forum setup instructions . When we have an answer to that question then, perhaps, we can move on.

The reason why people cannot create new topics in your forum is because of the way you have created your categories and how you have defined the permissions in those categories. These are things that, at the moment, only you know the answers to.

iLucato wrote: [As] soon as I get the screen shot I'll post here.

No problem. ;) Someone will respond after we have that information.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds