Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Solved Duplicate profiles in user manager
14 years 1 week ago #133496
by kiwi3685
Replied by kiwi3685 on topic Duplicate profiles in user manager
I had the same problem when I upgraded from K 1.7 to 2.1.
I never found the cause, but the result was in incorrectly structured Kunena users table in the DB. It did not have any indexing, which as you described allows multiple user profile to be created.
I didnt bother myself with why, the table was growing too fast!
My solution, after taking a full backup, and ensuring my site was offline was to create a clean install so I could compare table structures, then change the structure of the live site table to match and remove all the duplicates.
That last part was the hardest as it needed to be done manually.
So sozzled is right. It IS a database problem, though it MIGHT have been caused by the Kunena upgrade process (though I doubt it).
You will need to fix it and clean up your data yourself if you are able, or find someone who can.
I never found the cause, but the result was in incorrectly structured Kunena users table in the DB. It did not have any indexing, which as you described allows multiple user profile to be created.
I didnt bother myself with why, the table was growing too fast!
My solution, after taking a full backup, and ensuring my site was offline was to create a clean install so I could compare table structures, then change the structure of the live site table to match and remove all the duplicates.
That last part was the hardest as it needed to be done manually.
So sozzled is right. It IS a database problem, though it MIGHT have been caused by the Kunena upgrade process (though I doubt it).
You will need to fix it and clean up your data yourself if you are able, or find someone who can.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #133513
by laoneo
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Replied by laoneo on topic Duplicate profiles in user manager
*** word removed by moderator *** :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: . Thanks for your solution anyway. My community has more than 7500 users!!
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by laoneo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #133520
by laoneo
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Replied by laoneo on topic Duplicate profiles in user manager
Ok I had a look at the structure and they were different :dry: for exmaple the following keys were missing
I did also this
but this one event don't exist on a clean install. I'm still thinking that' something in kunena is causing the duplicates and that it is not a db problem. Perhaps some devs know where the problem can be because it slows down the site massively.
Code:
ALTER TABLE `#__kunena_messages` ADD INDEX `thread` ( `thread` )
ALTER TABLE `#__kunena_messages` ADD INDEX `ip` ( `ip` )
ALTER TABLE `#__kunena_messages` ADD INDEX `userid` ( `userid` )
Code:
ALTER IGNORE TABLE #__kunena_users ADD UNIQUE INDEX userid (userid );
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #133522
by laoneo
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Replied by laoneo on topic Duplicate profiles in user manager
The only remaining question is what should I do with the table joomla_kunena_user_topics. It still has the duplicate entries. For what is this table. When I do a "Recount statistics" in the backend this table won't be affected.
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #133524
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Duplicate profiles in user manager
I'm sure you will figure this out (or, if necessary, pay someone else to figure this out for you)
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #133527
by laoneo
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Replied by laoneo on topic Duplicate profiles in user manager
I'm more hoping of a dev who can shed some light into this....but probably I should pay somebody else for this.
Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds