Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Duplicate profiles in user manager

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by laoneo
Hello
When I have a look at the user manager in my kunena installation some profiles are multiplied hundred of times. Is this problem known? How can I clean this mess?

Do you need a cool joomla calendar app, give the DPCalendar project a try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Have you looked at Joomla User Manager? Do you have multiple users that appear to be duplicates?

There could be a problem with your database. Have you run diagnostic tools on your database to see if there is a database corruption?

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by laoneo
The users are not duplicated in the joomla user manager. At the moment it looks like that on every post kunena is creating a new user profile for the poster. The forum can be found here g4j.laoneo.net/support/forum.html . It is an early forum I think the first posts are made as it was fireboard. According to your answer this didn't happen before on other users?

More
11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you. You have a problem with your database. Do you want to try to fix this yourself or would you like someone to spend time investigating your problem and correcting the issue for you. I assume that you would be prepared to pay for someone else to spend their time fixing the database problems if you cannot fix these yourself. Yes?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #5 by laoneo
Why do you assume it is a database problem and not a kunena problem? Never saw this behavior before. And on another site it is working correct. Can I just delete all the kunena user profiles? Would it bring kunena to break?

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by laoneo.

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled

laoneo wrote: can I just delete all the kunena user profiles?

You could try that. Make sure you have a reliable backup in case the situation does not recover itself. Also, you looked at your Kunena configuration report recently? Perhaps there is something in your configuration report that will help you as well as others looking at your situation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by kiwi3685
I had the same problem when I upgraded from K 1.7 to 2.1.
I never found the cause, but the result was in incorrectly structured Kunena users table in the DB. It did not have any indexing, which as you described allows multiple user profile to be created.

I didnt bother myself with why, the table was growing too fast!
My solution, after taking a full backup, and ensuring my site was offline was to create a clean install so I could compare table structures, then change the structure of the live site table to match and remove all the duplicates.
That last part was the hardest as it needed to be done manually.
So sozzled is right. It IS a database problem, though it MIGHT have been caused by the Kunena upgrade process (though I doubt it).
You will need to fix it and clean up your data yourself if you are able, or find someone who can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, laoneo

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #8 by laoneo
*** word removed by moderator *** :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo: . Thanks for your solution anyway. My community has more than 7500 users!!

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by laoneo.

More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by laoneo
Ok I had a look at the structure and they were different :dry: for exmaple the following keys were missing
Code:
ALTER TABLE `#__kunena_messages` ADD INDEX `thread` ( `thread` ) ALTER TABLE `#__kunena_messages` ADD INDEX `ip` ( `ip` ) ALTER TABLE `#__kunena_messages` ADD INDEX `userid` ( `userid` )
I did also this
Code:
ALTER IGNORE TABLE #__kunena_users ADD UNIQUE INDEX userid (userid );
but this one event don't exist on a clean install. I'm still thinking that' something in kunena is causing the duplicates and that it is not a db problem. Perhaps some devs know where the problem can be because it slows down the site massively.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by laoneo
The only remaining question is what should I do with the table joomla_kunena_user_topics. It still has the duplicate entries. For what is this table. When I do a "Recount statistics" in the backend this table won't be affected.

Time to create page: 1.154 seconds