Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved AVATAR

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by emino70
Please, can someone say me why I can't upload an avatar on the user profile? where is I have to look for ? I can't find in my website and in this site too
I posted this topic hours ago but someone deleted it. Can I know why it was deleted? Did I wrong something? Many thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by mcmoody
Replied by mcmoody on topic AVATAR
I've asked the same question today. I'm also confused? It should be really obvious. I can't find it on this help forum and I can't find it on my own forum. I've got avatars enabled....
More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic AVATAR
You have posted your message in the General Talk about Kunena category. Can I assume that you are having problems uploading your avatar to this website ( www.kunena.org ).

Your other topic was not deleted; it was simply moved to a different category because it also did not make this clear to us what you were talking about. However, it did seem to me that you were having an unspecified problem either with (a) your own website or (b) using the Kunena user profile editing features on this website.
More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by mcmoody
My problem is, I literally don't see where the "upload" or "add" avatar button is in the profile manager. I'm looking on this forum, thinking maybe my own site was just broken, and I can't find it for me profile here, either. I've looked around in the edit profile section and all the tabs on the profile section. Where do you go to edit your avatar?

martha
More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by billg
Replied by billg on topic AVATAR
I have the same problem. I don't see any way to set or change the avatar when I edit a user profile. Latest Joomla 2.5.6 and latest Kunena 2.0. I have config options turned on to allow users to upload an avatar and to use the gallery. The users are created from my site login/account and access to my forum menu item is set to registered users, if it matters.

Thanks!

Bill

Here are my config settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_simplicity_ii | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: Jan 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #6 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic AVATAR
Please go to the Joomla Plugin Manager and ensure that the Kunena integration is enabled. Also, in the Kunena Integration plugin options, ensure that "Enable Kunena Avatars" is set to yes.

If you use a third party community component (like Community Builder or JomSocial), then it might be hindering this feature. In that case, the avatar is typically changed through CB or JS, not the Kunena profile.

Here at kunena.org, avatars are currently handled through JomSocial, which is why there's no place to upload avatars when you edit your Kunena profile. You need to click the "People" menu item and change your avatar there. There are plans to change this in the near future.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by GoremanX.
More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by mcmoody
I deleted everything to do with CB - although when I installed CB, it was specifically because I couldn't figure out how to get Kunena to change the avatar. So I think the problem predated my CB installation.

My Kunena Integration says YES to both profiles and avatars. I checked that a few times.

And I disabled all the plugins for third parties like Jomsocial and CB.

I also tried another browser, but no luck.

Where do you normally look to find the 'avatar' control in Kunena?

martha
More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic AVATAR
Go to your profile and edit it. If no avatar integration is turned on, you can find a tab where you can change your avatar image (in here avatars are still controlled by JomSocial, so go to "People" menu item).
More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by mcmoody
I have the avatar integration turned in. The profiles turned on. All jomsocial/CB stuff turned off, etc... this happened when I upgraded to 2.0. My avatar picture disappeared and there is no way on the back end or front end to change it?

Martha
More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by mcmoody
Here is a screen shot of what I see. The integration is ON, the profile view has no tabs for avatar? None of the tabs, or the EDIT link, brings you to a place that allows you to change an avatar. And my avatar on the website has been changed to that blue icon - I previously had a photo there before I upgraded. This is where I'm stumped. I have really no other extensions on this website. It's a fresh installation of everything. It does nothing but run this forum.

martha
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds