Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class BBCode in components/com_kunena/libraries/external/nbbc/nbbc.php on line 979

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by eriflame
I have install Kunena on my Joomla website. Its installed smoothly, and I can manage the forum on the backend, but on the frontend it shows error "Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class BBCode in components/com_kunena/libraries/external/nbbc/nbbc.php on line 979"

I wonder if you have an answer for this problem. Thank you very much

And i am using joomla 2.5 with Kunena 2.01. and it says the problem is detected in Kunena Component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What are the others components and plugisn that you are using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #3 by kfv
I have just installed version 2.0.1 on a Joomla version 2.5.6 and I get the same Fatal Error :(

If it can be of any help:
[Removed all debug info - did not help!]
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by kfv.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
What's happen if you disable kunena plugin and modules ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by kfv
I am not sure if I understand you correct?

I only get the fatal error when entering the forum (e.g. by the link on the front page). The normal Joomla pages are working fine.

If it can be of any help, I can create a super admin account for you on the site?

Best regards,
Karsten

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
Can I suggest that you read the category description at the top of this page and look for help about diagnosing HTTP 500 internal server errors.

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by kfv
I have now (once again) read docs.kunena.org/index.php/HTTP_500_Internal_Server_Error and tried a number of things but still without any luck :-/

I have search through all files on my site, to see if there should be multiple definitions of "class BBCode" and I cannot find any.

I have found this page: kunenaspanish.org/foro/temas-resueltos-k...blema-kunena?start=5 but I am not quite sure what template that was installed.

As and additional note: Version 2.0.0 was working fine on the old site running Joomla 1.5. Then I made a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.6 and Kunana and this error occurred.

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
If you search this forum (going all the way back over the past four years) you will see dozens of problems reported about Siteground templates. As a general comment, we have not usually been able to resolve most of problems involving Siteground templates. I am not saying that it's the Siteground template that you are using that is causing the problem and I am not offering any opinion about the workmanship that has gone into building your particular Siteground template. I am, however, suggesting that you should try to see what happens if you uninstall your Siteground template and whether that fixes your problem.

K 2.0.1 does not have a ../components/com_kunena/libraries folder. Therefore, the error message you are getting is probably happening because of some other software that you have installed that needs ../components/com_kunena/libraries/external/nbbc/nbbc.php; perhaps it was something leftover from your J! 1.5 site? We do not know anything about NBBC ; this is this the cause of your HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by kfv
Thank you for the quick answer

I have tried all these three templates, all giving the same Fatal error:
Beez2
Beez5
Atomic

If I disable "Kunena - Joomla Integration" I don't get the fatal error - but I haven't tested it, since the description is:
Kunena Plugin for Joomla! 1.7 Compatibility.
Please do not disable this plugin!

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by kfv
The first lines of the file /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/bbcode/bbcode.php are these, and because of the include (and header) I had the perception, that nbbc was used by Kunena:
/**
* Kunena Component
* @package Kunena.Framework
* @subpackage BBCode
* @copyright (C) 2008 - 2012 Kunena Team. All rights reserved.
* @license www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
* @link www.kunena.org
**/
defined ( '_JEXEC' ) or die ();

require_once KPATH_ADMIN . '/libraries/external/nbbc/nbbc.php';

I don't think it has something to do with the J1.5 site, since the new site is installed in another directory (still on the same server) and the DB user is also different.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds