Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important 500 Internal Server Error: Fatal Syntax Error when updating profile information

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by LadyFate
I have already updated to Kunena 2.0 1 and it did fix most problems I was having with the forum but now when any of my users try to update their profile this is the error message that is displayed:

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting ';' or '{' in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.file.class.1.6.php on line 119

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

The Configuration report is as follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_tendo_free | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 1.1.3 | creationdate: 06/21/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

The link for my forum's index is: beautifulstuff.us/index.php/forum/index

I'm sorry if this is not enough information. I did turn on both the Joomla debug mode and Kunena debug mode, but they are not showing any other useful information that I know of. I am very new to both Joomla and Kunena so any help would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by MarioMari

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by LadyFate
The Cannot Pass Parameter 2 Errors I have already been able to fix. So, yes I already did all of that, including upgrading to 2.0 1 I went through every sticky topic and many others in the support forum and have not found anyone else with the Syntax Error on line 119. I would not have posted a new topic if I were able to find the info from another thread. I will continue reading through previous posted issues already responded to, but would appreciate help specifically for this Syntax Error on line 119. Thank you for your response though.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Very unusual and, yes, when I searched the forum, I also did not find any other topics dealing with this subject.

My recommendation is to read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error and copy and detailed information that you can. You may also find other information logged in the webserver logs that could help pinpoint the cause of the error.

It's only a suspicion that I have, that another Joomla extension you have installed on your site may not be co-operating with Kunena thereby generating the error. The easiest way to confirm if it's not a hosting issue is to use the guide When all else fails, try this but it's also possible that you may have discovered a yet-to-be reported defect in Kunena.

Out of curiosity, did you enable the all the Kunena integration plugins yourself?

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by LadyFate
Thank you for your response. I have already read through the HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors page and did not find anything that could help me. I will look at the If All Else Fails page... And maybe try disabling my applications and reloading the forum as I enable things one by one. Maybe that would work.As far as the Kunene Plugins, I think a did enable them, and for some reason I think it made it run better. But that probably doesn't make any sense. I will keep reading and hopfully find an answer. In the meantime at least it is basically only an aesthetic problem, there are no issues with creating accounts or posting anything, just with customizing the profiles.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled

LadyFate wrote: As far as the Kunena Plugins, I think I did enable them, and for some reason I think it made it run better. But that probably doesn't make any sense.

No, it doesn't make sense to enable plugins so that your forum will integrate with AlphaUserPoints, JomSocial or Community Buider when you have not installed these things. Furthermore, you should not enable Joomla plugins unless you know what they are used for and how they work.

Your problem is not just a matter of aesthetics. You have a feature of a web-based discussion forum that should be accessible to your users and if we don't fix the problem then you will be the meat-in-the-sandwich over this - stuck between your complaining users and our inability to solve the problem.

I don't think it should be too difficult to find what's causing the problem here but my suspicions are that the cause is something you've added to the software soup that has made things disagreeable for Kunena to "digest". If you're totally stuck for answers, let us know and we'll see what we can sort out for you.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by LadyFate
I'm completely stumped. I will disable the extra plugins, but I don't know what else I can do, other than remove it from the site until further notice. I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if anyone else has a similar problem and it is resolved.

More
More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by xillibit
Try to re-upload the file kunena.file.class.1.6.php from Kunena 2.0.1 package

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds