Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This category is for discussing issues with the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Is 2.0 Blue Eagle Mobile Friendly?

More
7 years 11 months ago #11 by Garry1953

Alder wrote: Have you looked at www.mobilemews.com , I have just installed their Kunena template, and this works on a mobile, and on a desktop I use Blue Eagle, works with no fuss, just need to install their mobile template, all easy to do, works a treat for me.

Thanks
For the info.
I now have mobile phone templates working on all my sites. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #12 by d.Void

(2) It had been hoped that K 2.0 would incorporate two free, supported templates - Blue Eagle and Mirage - however there were significant problems achieving reliability with Mirage and it was decided to drop it from K 2.0.

(3) Development of the Mirage template continues; Mirage will be added in K 2.1 which is approximately scheduled to occur within the next 1-2 months

when is Kunena 2.1 out OR more importantly the mirage template as you stated 1-2 months and that was 4 months ago? Any update?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled
G'day, d.Void, and welcome to Kunena.

A lot can happen in a few months! :lol:

We decided to drop our plans for a K 2.1 version in favour of working on a version of Kunena that would be compatible with J! 3.0 while, at the same time, removing support for J! 1.5. You will find some discussion on this matter in Kunena for J! 3.0

We also decided that is was impractical to continue with the work on the Mirage template for K 2.0. There are also no definite plans that next major version (K 3.0) will include this Mirage template, either. This does not mean that we have abandoned the Mirage development project; it just means that our development effort with this template is presently "on hold".

You can follow the work of the Kunena project on GitHub and you can be kept informed of new announcements by subscribing to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena .
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14 by d.Void

sozzled wrote: G'day, d.Void, and welcome to Kunena.

A lot can happen in a few months! :lol:

We decided to drop our plans for a K 2.1 version in favour of working on a version of Kunena that would be compatible with J! 3.0 while, at the same time, removing support for J! 1.5. You will find some discussion on this matter in Kunena for J! 3.0

We also decided that is was impractical to continue with the work on the Mirage template for K 2.0. There are also no definite plans that next major version (K 3.0) will include this Mirage template, either. This does not mean that we have abandoned the Mirage development project; it just means that our development effort with this template is presently "on hold".

You can follow the work of the Kunena project on GitHub and you can be kept informed of new announcements by subscribing to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena .

G'day :)

yes I took a look at Github earlier...

My main issue is getting Kunena to be fluid and responsive and dont understand whilst much of the coding to make it so, is easy why there are not responsive templates for K2.x yet be that included or from 3rd part template providers.... I've hacked my template to make it work and its 95% good (and nicely responsive in tablets and mobiles etc) but key things like users posting Youtube video and these are embedded but not fluid are frustrating...

Ive read lots here about why you dont have generic mobile templates and that your focus is on PC etc etc but as users are migrating away from desktops in droves in favor of ipad, tablets mobiles etc and with Joomla being responsive etc WHY are you so far behind and to be frank outdated by not having a basic generic fluid responsive K2 template??

More
7 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled

d.Void wrote: Why are you so far behind and to be frank outdated by not having a basic generic fluid responsive K2 template?

Money, basically.

Kunena is free and K 2.0 Blue Eagle is free. Kunena is open source. If we want to change things then we need more community support. This means we need more money or we need more people who are willing to contribute to the project (and not expect to get any money from it). So, if you happen to know of a skilled template developer who has unlimited hours available to develop a mobile-friendly template for K 2.0, please let us know because we would be very interested to make contact with that person.

Unfortunately, I can't easily see how we can balance both the scale: money vs. available time.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #16 by bunglehaze
Any particular reason why my particularly lengthy post was removed from a thread I started???

I said some negative things about Kunena, about a few other Joomla components too that are heading the same way - a bit draconian though, removing it rather than responding to it don't you think?

What was my conclusion in my thread? Erm that Kunena devs need to offer a paid support model to make money to drive the development - but I guess you guys just dont want others to read any criticism (justified and true or not) which is what Sozzled posted above anyway.

Sorry folks, I was once a part of the Fireboard team, and finally, K2.0 lost me as a user, you should want to hear from people like me in order to move forward. Instead you delete posts.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by bunglehaze.

More
7 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled
We did not remove your post. We moved your excellent reply and created a separate topic for discussion, all by itself. :)

People are too quick to condemn and judge when they suspect others of malintent. Please, in future, if you want to follow the progress of topics you have made a contribution to, use the My Topics view, or look for topics where you see a little bluish-tinted "flag" next to the subject, because that's where your posts are. ;)

More
7 years 8 months ago #18 by bunglehaze
Sozzled, apologies for the judgement but perhaps a placeholder explaining the post was moved and not deleted would have saved my embarrassment? Having been around the block a few times I have seen all too often when developers don't like a post or subject and just erase it.

Fair play if it was moved to a new topic, it is nice to know the team take people's opinions into consideration, even those that decided to leave Kunena

regards

More
7 years 8 months ago #19 by d.Void

sozzled wrote:

d.Void wrote: Why are you so far behind and to be frank outdated by not having a basic generic fluid responsive K2 template?

Money, basically.

Kunena is free and K 2.0 Blue Eagle is free. Kunena is open source. If we want to change things then we need more community support. This means we need more money or we need more people who are willing to contribute to the project (and not expect to get any money from it). So, if you happen to know of a skilled template developer who has unlimited hours available to develop a mobile-friendly template for K 2.0, please let us know because we would be very interested to make contact with that person.

Unfortunately, I can't easily see how we can balance both the scale: money vs. available time.

I do get that and its a great Joomla component. I also understand that you and or the development team 'work' for free or for cheaps and often this is probably taken for granted, my point is its very simple to make your standard templates responsive and would take an even better coder than me not very long to make things like youtube responsive in posts as well BUT still function as they should in older or non responsive Joomala sites. Could you not substitute by having premium paid upgrades like JCE do, stay true to your core ethos but using a few templates and pro modules to get this income that is obviously needed?

More
7 years 8 months ago #20 by bunglehaze
d.Void, that is the point I raised - moved to here:

www.kunena.org/forum/77-General-Talk-abo...lacks-panache#136245

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds