Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Change permission failed

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by simonjoomla
Dear All,

I have installed kunena 1.0.8 . After this, I was thinking to upload some images to com_kunena folder kept under components and I failed to upload. Hence, I tried to use my control panel to change it's permission from 755 to 777 but I was not allowed to change it. The error message was:

FileOp Failure on/home/my_sitename/public/components/com_kunena: Operation not permitted

I felt strange that I wasn't able to change the permission for this particular folder through my control panel because I have no problem to change the permissions for other joomla files or folders in this webhost. Anyone know how to solve this? Will this because of my control panel's problem? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by arsoy
Replied by arsoy on topic Re:Change permission failed
it's probably an ownership issue...

try changing permission using joomlaextplorer(great tool).

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by simonjoomla
Thank you very much!! I used the extension you mentioned and it solved my problem. This is really a great extension. However, do you know what's the different between joomlaXplorer and eXtplorer. I found the interface design of eXtplorer is much nicer than joomlaXplorer. Thanks anyway. Recommend everybody to try it.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by whouse
Replied by whouse on topic Re:Change permission failed
eXtplorer is the replacement for JoomlaXplorer and Yes, it is a great component. I also recommend it to anyone.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by arsoy
Replied by arsoy on topic Re:Change permission failed
i purposely joined them together so i got all bases covered! B) *whistles*

i'm glad i could help. :laugh:

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #6 by simonjoomla
When using eXtplorer changing a folder's file permission. The error prompted:

/components: CHMOD Failure (mostly this is because of a file ownership problem - e.g. if the HTTP user (\' wwwrun\' or \'nobody\') and the FTP user are not the same)

Does anyone know what it exactly mean? Though I managed to change in ftp mode. But I wish to know how I can change in both mode. How can I change that "HTTP user"'s user account name so that both (FTP and file modes) are the same and I will be able to make changes in either mode. I haven't got the answer from the joomla official site yet, thus thinking to try it here. Hope you all don't mind. Thanks
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by simonjoomla.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by grumblemarc
Contact your host and have them change the permissions.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by simonjoomla
Ok, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.688 seconds