Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question SH404SEF

More
15 years 1 month ago #11 by Oscarfishlover
Replied by Oscarfishlover on topic Re:SH404SEF
fxstein wrote:

You can enable it for the rest of the site, but set it to skip for com_kunena.

this is quite straightforward

You can run sh404SEF for everything except the forum pages. You can also map the homepage of the forum to something like www.mydomain.com/forum -

This I don't understand. Could you explain a little more in detail what you did please?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #12 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:SH404SEF
Simply create a custom redirect in sh404SEF for you forum URL. Copy and past the URL from a browser and assign it to the custom SEF URL /forum

That's it.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #13 by Oscarfishlover
Sorry for being a little bit slow but I'm still trying to get my head around this.

In custom redirect there are two fields, New SEF URL & Old Non-SEF Url. What exactly goes in these two fields? Do I actually create the new sef myself? Like you said, mydomain/forum. And then you've got old non-SEF URL, I am somewhat confused.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
15 years 1 month ago #14 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:SH404SEF
New SEF URL: /forum
Old URL: index.php?....... -> Take whatever URL you want from a browsers url bar.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #15 by Oscarfishlover
Getting sh404sef to ignore kunena seen to increase the speed of the forum. I have been getting a problem with the registration page opening up in a weird place. I switched off sh404sef completely and the problem went away. The website also seems to be running
a lot quicker. I believe that you don't actually gain any advantage on the changelings if you use this component so I am contemplating doing away with it altogether. The only problem is I've got quite a lot of links coming into the website so I'll have to check what happened now I have switched off sh404sef

I notice that none of the popular sites like this one, joomla, rocket theme used sh404sef.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
15 years 1 month ago #16 by Oscarfishlover
I found that if you turn off sh 404 SEF and then follow an external link that is using the SH404 SEF URLs you actually arrive at the homepage of your website. The domain is actually showing SH 404 SEF URL which is strange, but at least the link is not broken and your visitors still arrives at your site, all being on the wrong page, but you can't have it all.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds