Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Need Dev help - formating issue of categories and messages after mamboboard to kunena upgrade

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by hfhs72
Looking for some developer help to sort out a problem I have after upgrading from mamboboard to kunena.

DB and component install went ok but when I select Categories or try to view messages I get some strange tables showing on the page.

Please have a look at the link below and let me know if this can be fixed? Is it a template problem?

HFHS Kunena Forum

You can also go to the home page and click on the Kunena Forum menu item.
Henry Ford High School

joomla 1.0.15
rocket theme versatility III template
cb 121

Hope you can help.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This isn't a template problem, is a more serious problem, so please enable debug mode in joomla! configuration panel and set in the php.ini the errors display on maximum, you will see more indication on the source of the issue.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, hfhs72, and welcome to Kunena.

I confess my total ignorance of Mamboboard . I thought I knew Kunena's pedigree reasonably well (see the article I wrote K 1.6: A really brief history and what to expect ) and along comes this reference to something that even predates Simpleboard! :S It looks as though Mamboboard was the granddaddy of them all and Simpleboard was a split in in the family tree to become (through successive generations) what is now called Kunena. This, of course, may not be at all helpful to know, but I'm trying to understand what migration process you went through to go from Mamboboard to Kunena.

As xillibit says, your problem probably has little to do with the Kunena template. More importantly, there are strategic issues that you will need to focus upon. Whichever way you look at things, there will be some pain and effort along the way.

Joomla 1.0.15: As you should also realise, by now, there is no support for Joomla 1.0.x - this has been the case since July 2009. Joomla 1.5 provides [limited] backward-compatibility for Joomla 1.0 components, modules, plugins, mambots and templates through what is known as "legacy" mode . There will be no similar "legacy" mode for Joomla 1.6 (definitely not for J! 1.0 facilities, but the concept doesn't exist for J! 1.5, either) but there will be a conversion facility to migrate your J! 1.5 extensions.

Therefore, in a strategic sense, J! 1.0 (and software developed for it) are already past their end of life and you will need to move forward ... or stay where you are and accept that any issues you have will not be fixed.

K 1.0.11: This platform exists to provide a transition for J! 1.0.x users, primarily those who were users of Fireboard, to allow them to run Kunena on their websites. K 1.0.11 can also be used as a way of staging some migrations or conversions. However, in keeping with the general principle about J! 1.0 support, there will be no patches or further developments made to the K 1.0.x series.

I realise that this information doesn't answer your questions but I'm trying to put your questions within the "migration" context. A lot of people really stress-out about migrating their forums. Sometimes the investment was huge. I really do empathise with that. You feel like you are about to amputate an arm or a leg and the decision must be a terrible one to deal with. Just as doctors have to face similar questions every day, there are times when amputation is the only viable alternative. What I'm trying to say is this: often it's better to start again and, although there is some pain involved, sometimes it's better to be clinical about severing ties with the things of the past. :)
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by hfhs72
Thanks for the info. I am doing this migration from mamboboard to kunena so that I can upgrade to joomla 1.5. The forum is one stumbling block that I have run into. There is just no way to save the messages from mamboboard and get them imported into Kunena 1.5. Believe me I've tried. So, I'm trying the long way around, from mamboboard to fireboard to kunena. I've followed the migration threads here in the forum and most of the migration has gone successfully. I can see and access the categories in the backend, create new categories but when I go to display them in the frontend is where I am running into the problems. Same with the messages.

I've enabled debug in joomla and this is what I get.

/public_html/includes/database.php:498
/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/fb_pathway.php:108
/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php:361
/public_html/components/com_kunena/kunena.php:597
/public_html/index.php:236

More
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
After discussing the problem with the user, it is possible (yet to be confirmed) that the original migration (from Mamboboard to Fireboard) created a Fireboard pre-1.0.5 configuration (he has two extra tables: fb_config and fb_config_bak). The user has indicated that he is willing to try the conversion procedure again and, this time, run the Fireboard converter tool . We look forward to his success, the second time around. :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #7 by hfhs72
I have successfully upgraded my Mamboboard ver. 1.6.8 to Fireboard 1.0.4 to Kunena 1.0.11 on a Jommla 1.0.15 system. This will lead the way to upgrading to Joomla 1.5.x and Kunena 1.5.x and beyond.

I have posted instructions in this thread.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds