Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Force users to post first in forum before aallowing access to other parts of the site

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by robertbseattle
I'm glad this forum finally came back live, I've been waiting to get some support from others on this. Basically like the subject line says I'm trying to make it so registered users can not see a page unless they have at least 1 post.

Any idea on how to go about this?

My best shot was to use a Joomla extension called Mos Module to hide a menu link for users with 0 posts and to show it if user has 1 or more posts. Probably not the best way to go about it but that's all I got so far. The prefered way would be that a user clicks on a link to enter that page and a box pops-up saying they have to make a post before they can see the page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by Philip Roy
I'm curious as to why you need this? What I mean by that is, are you somehow wanting to do that to stop users just getting in and accessing stuff without participating? Couldn't they just post "this is my first post" for no reason other than getting access to other stuff? Or is it kinda spam related in some way??

I placed this in User Voice....

kunena.uservoice.com/pages/general/sugge...e-moderator-approval

The notion that spammers who come to the forum and first post selling...well, who knows what, would be blocked and have to be approved before they could move on.

I get a lot of people going to great length to get past security just to post a one-off attempt at selling shoes!

Sorry...didn't want to hijack your thread, but I wondered if it was somehow spam related also?

Cheers,

Phil

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by robertbseattle
It's just to make people participate more really. I mean yeah anyone could just post something like "blah blah blah" and pass. But the idea is that since you HAVE to post might as well post something in relevent. Sure maybe a certain percentage of people will just post to get it but I think this way more people will choose to just go ahead and post something relevent. It's ment to incourage people to use the forum.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by MasterVision
I guess Forum User group is not available in current version of Kunena in which you can set Forum Permission to View/Access by certain group... and I think would be a great additional function for Next Version of Kunena.

Meaning... sad to say but there's no way to set that in current version.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by grumblemarc
Overall I do not understand this need to force or trick users into posting in a forum. Could someone please explain this to me?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by Philip Roy
Yeah, I don't either sorry. I thought the original post might have been about something else (see my earlier post). I'll bow out of this discussion.

Phil

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds