Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question New! Doesn't appear with some users

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by kootjoo
Hi,

I have a "problem" where I don't know the answer for. I have got at about 200 users in my forum.

Most of the users work without any problems but I have a few users who have a problem with the following:

They want the NEW! sign with messages to disappear only when they have read the message and not when they logout of the forum. I for instance automatically login and each time I come back I see my NEW! messages. But some peaople don't (even if they automatically login).

Can somebody explain whis this is different with some users. And even better if it is possible that the NEW! only disappers if you have read the message or mark all messages as unread?

Best regards,
KooTjoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
There are several factors involved: what version of Joomla are you using, for example. Has this problem occurred in the past with an earlier version of Kunena or has it only just started to appear? Can the circumstances be reproduced consistently? Can you reproduce these symptoms yourself?

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by Lintzy
Perhaps, it has something to do with the browser settings: Cache (does the cache refreshes the side every time,or only when browserstarts and so on) and are cookies enabled.

But that are only some ideas of mine.

Normally the new! only disappears, when the message has been read.

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by kootjoo
What is the relation to this problem when people logout? If I logout and then login in again I can still see the new messages. Is this always like this? Or of you logout and login after let's say an hour the NEW! only is visible with the messages after the last login?

KooTjoo

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by Matias
Try "Mark All Forums Read" before logging out or after you have read all the messages you want to.

Our session handler is a bit too simple and I'm looking at fixing it soon (K1.6 or K1.5.x). Currently it remembers every message in a thread as new, even if you have already read them.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by gbastia
Hi,
I have a very similar problem and I reallydon't know how to fix it...
When the users get into the forumand read a post, the "new!" doesn't disappear after they read the post. I am using Joomla 1.0.15, Kunena 1.10 and FB 1.5rc2.
Please help me because my users are in panic :S
Gbastia

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by fxstein
We just identified this as a regression introduced in 1.0.10

We are working on a fix for both 1.0.x and 1.5.x

Should have something to share within 24h

Our apologies for the issue.

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by gbastia
Thank you a lot for your help :)
Gbastia

More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by bigbabou
I have the same problem with joomla 1.0.15 and kunena 1.10.

I'm waiting for the fix too

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds