Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Backup Threads And Posts

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by jawadahmed
How can i backup threads and posts from my kunena forum? I want to make a fresh install of joomla and am afraid i may not loose kunena forum threads and posts. Any idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

search on this forum for "database", you will find some indications... Or this thread can help you : www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&id=15795&catid=88#15795 or this pages www.howtojoomla.net/2006092518/how-tos/m...oomla-database-with-

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by jawadahmed
Well thank you. The first link helped me as i wanted to know the table prefix and now i got it. I know the further backing procedure. Thanks

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by jawadahmed
Didnt worked out as i dont know which specific database enteries are responsible for the threads categories and posts. Any help would be appreciated.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by grumblemarc
Back up the whole DB. The ones responsible for the forum should have the prefix jos_fb.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Backup Threads And Posts
Very quickly, Kunena's "stuff" is (typically) stored in tables prefixed with jos_fb_

These are the tables:

jos_fb_announcement
jos_fb_attachment
jos_fb_categories
jos_fb_config
jos_fb_config_backup
jos_fb_discussbot
jos_fb_favorites
jos_fb_groups
jos_fb_messages
jos_fb_messages_text
jos_fb_moderation
jos_fb_ranks
jos_fb_sessions
jos_fb_smileys
jos_fb_subscriptions
jos_fb_users
jos_fb_version
jos_fb_whoisonline

You may, or may not, have all of these tables You may have other tables not mentioned above. For some of these tables it won't matter if you don't back them up - they'll be re-created when you install the new version of Kunena on your new website. Some of these tables are updated whenever a user logs on to your site - again, it's not necessary to save all that information.

The basic approach is this: backup all the tables and transport the data to your new website before you install Kunena. Install Kunena. Run the Kunena "clean-up" tools.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds