Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question future of Kunena on J1.0.x platform ?

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by iosoft
I want to know - what is the future of Kunena on Joomla 1.0.x platform ?

Technically, J1.0.x platform will die this year.... but many well established sites still use J1.0.x platform.

How long will you support J1.0.x platform ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2 by grumblemarc
IMO I think 1.0.xx based extensions should be supported as long as Joomla supports the platform. It's not been any real secret that 1.0.xx days were numbered. Developers have had ample time to make their extensions 1.5 natively compatible.

If it were up not me, which it is not, I would say 6 months at the most.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by fxstein.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Matias
All Kunena 1.0.x releases will be compatible for both Joomla! 1.0 and FireBoard 1.0.5RC2. It will contain only bug fixes and small improvements.

Kunena 1.1/1.2 is currently designed to work with Joomla! 1.0. It will offer major performance improvements, better search and more.

Kunena 1.5 breaks the compatibility, but we may have parallel version for Joomla! 1.0 users, if there is enough interest and a team (testers, hopefully one developer) to help us to make it happen.

Kunena 2.0 will be Joomla 1.6 Native.

Our plans may change, but we will listen our community.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by grumblemarc
When working on Agora we noticed a marked decline in downloads for the 1.0.xx platform as soon as we released a 1.5 native version, almost 10:1 ratio. While it is true that many existing sites are on the platform there are not that many new installs on 1.0.xx. I think even some hosting providers no longer even have it even available as a Fantastico install. Something to think about.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #5 by crisscross
A big and serious component should maintain 1.0.x compatibilty as long as possible. Bigger sites are always more conservative in upgrading Joomla and I think Kunena should stay an alternative for as many users as possible.
Flexible and a wide customer base is the best for Kunenas future. I hope the the talk about Phoenix board was a joke (irony do not come out very well in written form)

Ps. WTF is fantastico? ds.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by crisscross.

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by johnnydement
Fantastico is a script that some hosts use to automate the install of several web applications, lkike joomla, wordpress, drupal, coppermine...

As matias said, if theres enough interest, and people to take care of, we don't have a problem maintaining a 1.1 branch

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds